Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show

Go down 
+6
supermanox
BillsDuffMan
Borsky
STUN.Ryan
Underground Dyer
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-13

August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Empty
PostSubject: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:26 am

I thought I'd get this thread up now if there was anything specific anyone wanted us to focus on.

The shows will be a little different than last year and I think it's for the better. Larry is putting some nice intros together. I've really enjoyed what I've heard coming out of his computer these past few days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportstalkunderground.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:42 am

August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show STU_Return3

TWO MORE DAYS BABY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:19 am

It's August 1st in the UK which means an early treat for Americans. The show is up. Get it downloaded and listen on your way to work, at work, right now...WHENEVER! And get your comments on the show up as well. Hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Borsky

Borsky

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 am

Great Show Boys....I'm feeling kinda naughty because I was able to listen to it on July 31st.

Impressive intros.....Anyone who can make the Lions sound exciting has done a job well done.
Back to top Go down
BillsDuffMan

BillsDuffMan

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Are you ready to get DUFFED?

BillsDuffman has been hiding in the shadows wondering if he should show his face to the underground community. BillsDuffman was impressed with the Ryan Simmons Show he found through the BBR site. Nice place here guys. Pretty good information about the NFC North. I think the Packers will surprise and give the Bears a run for their money. I'll say it now. You'll believe me later.

BillsDuffman also thinks the Vikings coach is a spot on version of CBS Sitcom character Major Dad! BillsDuffMan gives you guys a Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 pm

I think I'm going to like this guy.
Back to top Go down
BillsDuffMan

BillsDuffMan

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 12:23 am

BillsDuffMan thinks he's going to like you too. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 12:47 am

We're glad to have you aboard!
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:23 am

Good show guys, I'm not as high on the Bears this year, remember that the Super Bowl loser has not fared very well the following year, I think only 1 or 2 has even made it back to the playoffs in recent years.

The Lions will do what they always do, underachieve with impressive talent, the Vikings will play AAA ball, and the Packers will stumble aimlessly along doing just well enough to not get a great draft pick and bad enough to not make the playoffs. The Vikings absolutely have to do something about the QB position, aren't they trying to get a new stadium?
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 4:22 am

Good to hear you guys together again. Laughs come in doubles

I like supermaddox am not as high on the Bears. They have the talent. But they lost the Superbowl. SOmething called injuries will occur. Did anyone think Seattle would do bad?(granted they did make the playoffs but they really were not a good team)

I like Detroits chances actually. Their defense should improve, and they have offensive fire power only few can match. I could see 9 wins. Sorry Kitna but ten is just too high.

Minisota will just suck. Peterson will do crappy, not because he is bad, but because people will stack the box against them.

Green Bay will be the same.

Intros though kinda odd to me, their funny and make me llaugh
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 4:51 am

Meathorse believes that BillsDuffMan will soon tire of typing out "BillsDuffMan" instead of "I". When BillsDuffMan falls out of character, meathorse will be there to squish him.

This was the first STU episode I've experienced. Fortunately it did not suck, so I'll stick around. Where else can you find a quality show that cares enough about the league to devote 15 minutes to the Lions? Well done.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:00 pm

Quote :
This was the first STU episode I've experienced. Fortunately it did not suck, so I'll stick around. Where else can you find a quality show that cares enough about the league to devote 15 minutes to the Lions? Well done.

Glad to hear you'll be sticking around Very Happy

That's actually one of the reasons I love working with Simmons because I have every confidence that if one day we absolutely lose our minds and decide we want to devote an entire hour to each team, we could totally pull it off.

But don't get your hopes up, no way I'm doing an hour on the Raiders.
Back to top Go down
bobwiley

bobwiley

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:42 pm

Everyone knows that I am the thorn in Larry's side. However, this show has always been at its best when they strictly talk NFL. Sometimes I wonder why they just don't drop the other sports and stick to football. I really want to slam Larry D, but I can't. This is clearly the best show when it comes to previewing the NFL season. The two of you actually sound like you watched all 16 regular season games of all the teams in the NFC North.

My one complaint to my friend Larry D. STOP BEING BIASED! Bears this, bears that. You have got to stop bringing them up during every team preview. I'll give you a pass now, but I remember when you two yakked it up last year and there was the "Third" bringing up the Bears in every segment and comparing them. Stop it. This will get you nowhere bozo. clown
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:20 pm

Thanks for the kind words bob wiley. Your starting to get soft on us.

As for Larry, its funny you say that. I don't know how he will respond to it, but you should see when he has brought the Bears up as an example before. He said last week, "I hate to do this but...." and he also will have almost a disgust on his face if he bring them up like he didn't want to but couldnt help it. Just my observations.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:21 pm

Bobwiley is right,

I've been trying my best not to do that anymore because it bugs ME that I do that. I'm just lousy at thinking on my feet when it comes to comparisons in football for some reason. I'll take that pass from you this time bob, I don't think I did any Bear comparing in the AFC South show that we did and I'll try my best to not do that in the remaining shows unless it's necessary.
Back to top Go down
dolphinsmakemecry

dolphinsmakemecry

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 pm

It's great to hear you guys back again.

How do you two think Darwin Walker will pan out in Chicago?

Also, who will run the ball for the Lions? Maybe Robert Allen has the answer?

Thanks,
Jim
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 10:24 pm

I think Darwin Walker is going to be awesome for the Bears. Gives the Bears a guy who is tough on the run but is also a good pass rushing tackle, which in the Cover 2 is extremely important. Chicago was the number one place on his list when trade talks began in Philly so he is also a happy addition to the team, he wanted to be here.

As far as the Lions go, I'd say that Tatum Bell is going to start the year at the top of the depth chart splitting carries with TJ Duckett until Kevin Jones is healthy, if he isn't healthy already. I haven't heard anything on Kevin Jones' health thus far.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Nice to have you back Jim.
Back to top Go down
dolphinsmakemecry

dolphinsmakemecry

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Thanks. It feels good to be back. Is Robert not signed up here? Usually I see and read his posts on the boards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show   August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August 1st, Episode 4.008 - NFC North Preview Show
Page 1 of 1