Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Episode Two

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Episode Two Empty
PostSubject: Episode Two   Episode Two Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Finally got my new episode recorded and it is up for all to consume.

I cover Super Bowl XLII in my Main Event and explain why I think New England will win the game.

I also cover some NBA tranactions and rant on the possible resignation of Lane Kiffin as Head Coach of the Oakland Raiders.

So give the show a listen

www.lftupodcast.com

The page has been slow to load up lately so just be patient with it.

And as always, leave your comments or questions on this thread.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

Episode Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Two   Episode Two Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 pm

New England will win the game because...they're New England. I'm rooting for the Giants, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's Eli Manning. He's going to have to do a lot more than what he's done to convince me that he's not grossly overrated, not to mention inconsistent. I also have no plans to watch the game. Somewhere, there's some paint that needs to be heavily scrutinized as it dries, and I have to be there. Very Happy

I could not agree more about Al Davis. I didn't think there was an owner with his priorities more out of whack than Mike Brown, but Davis makes him look like a rank amateur. Clearly the man is senile, and if someone out there has any sense, they'll gently remove his legal right to make decisions or something. His credibility is shot, and the Raiders are going to continue to be a black hole of suck while he's running the show there. Hell, I never liked the team, but they deserve better than this.

The whole Heath Ledger thing is pretty sad. Seeing "The Dark Knight" this summer is going to be rather bittersweet. I remember first hearing that he had been cast as the Joker, and thinking that Christopher Nolan had suddenly become the second coming of Joel Schumacher. Ledger as the Joker was just...well, a joke. But the trailers? He seems to have taken that part and made it his own, something twisted and ugly and scary and haunting. In short, everything I ever imagined the Joker to be. Sadly, this incarnation of the franchise is now between a rock and a hard place; if the movie sucks, it may never recover, but it it's as awesome as it looks, they're kinda screwed because the guy can't exactly do an encore performance, you know? That's rough.

Excellent show as usual, Whit. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

Episode Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Two   Episode Two Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:27 am

FEEDBACK!!! GLORIOUS FEEDBACK!!!

Thank you so much Isa.

So this is what it feels like to know that people are out there listening, huh?

Feels good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

Episode Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Two   Episode Two Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:38 am

Aw. I'm here for ya baby.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

Episode Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Two   Episode Two Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:41 am

Just listened to the show today, another good show. i think the Itunes feed is finally working.

As both you and whodey have said I'm rooting for the Giants but think the Pats will win it. When it comes to beating the pats, you can get away with one mistake, THATS IT. you make two and your dead. I have been impressed by Eli so far, but is this his wide receivers stepping up or him playing better?

For the J-Kidd situation i don't think he could work in Denver, no way could Iverson, and Kidd, and Anthony all work together and be happy about the amount of times their touching the ball.

I am glad the Ravens were able to re-sign Rex Ryan as D coordinator because like you said, he is good at what he does. I like Harbough as a hire. With him its more about the personality and work effort that he brings then the resume. What will help him also is having two of the best at their jobs as his coordinators in Ryan and Cameron. I know I can't wait for this season.

The two movies I remember Ledger by is Knights Tale and The Patriot. I have not seen all of Batman Begins but everyone said it is really good. So I'm hoping to see it before Dark Knight Comes Out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Episode Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Two   Episode Two Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode Two
Page 1 of 1