Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Episode Six....uploading now!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Episode Six....uploading now!! Empty
PostSubject: Episode Six....uploading now!!   Episode Six....uploading now!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:16 am

I waited to deliver the new episode to see how the first 24 hours of free agency would shake out before I talked about. So get ready for a heavy dose of the NFL in this week's County Fair.

In this week's Main Event I make a prediction about the 2008 season that some of you may agree with, while others will be having me fitted for a straight jacket.

What could it possibly be? Take a listen and find out!!!

www.lftupodcast.com
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Episode Six....uploading now!!   Episode Six....uploading now!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:55 am

When it comes to the Browns, I don't want to admit it, but I do not want to play them next year. Why did the Ravens have to loose Phil Savage?!?!?!? But seriously they have made some great moves this offseason to make their team that much better, but I am not impressed by the way Derek Anderson played at the end of year. He was average at best.

WHen you say they win the division, that comes with and asterisk. That * is they suffer no injuries. If they suffer no major injuries then yes they can be that good. The Ravens, SHOULD have been competing for the AFC North title this past year, but when McNair,Ogden, Heap, Clayton, Price, McAlister, Rolle, and two back up tight ends. How many of those players that I listed were an important part of the 13-3 season? how many have been pro-bowlers?

Injuries ALWAYS kill people predictions. When an "expert" makes a prediction, they generally(not always) look at last years record, and offseason moves/draft. Because they are looking at 32 teams, they often overlook minor details like impact of injuries.

That being said, the Browns COULD go to the championship game, but it all depends on injury on thier own team and other teams.

Good show though
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Episode Six....uploading now!!   Episode Six....uploading now!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:07 am

I know all about injuries ruining a promising season. Injuries ruined what should have been a return trip to the Super Bowl for my Bears. They had all the pieces in place and everything, but one by one the injuries started piling up and before you know it the Bears were in a hole they couldn't get out of.

Of course injuries will determine how far the Browns go next season, but those goes without saying for everyone.....I guess that's why I didn't say it Very Happy

But I love what Cleveland has done and look forward to seeing if they can make it happen on the field.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Episode Six....uploading now!!   Episode Six....uploading now!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:31 am

Yea Phil Savage (their GM) has done a good job over the past couple seasons during the draft (i.e edwards, thomas, winslow) plus additions in F.A this year to create a formidable offense with a decent defense. What is good for them is they are still mostly young with those few veterans.

Not sure Championship game though, you still have Steelers,Jacksonville,San Diego, Indy, and New England(who go to worse) that will still be atop the AFC. Not to mention a brutal Schedule (AFC South, NFC East,AFC North).

I couldn't agree with you more though on the Darren McFadden thing. With the Falcons picking up Turner, could you see McFadden drop? Top 5 teams (miami,St.Lousi,Atlanta,Oakland,Kansas City) have a top/good rb. The Jets COULD take him, but they still have Thomas Jones. If they Jets don't take them, he could fall to Denver or Carolina at 12 or 13
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Episode Six....uploading now!!   Episode Six....uploading now!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:33 pm

There is no way McFadden falls to 12 or 13. His career was top notch and he blew away scouts at the combine. Some team will trade up for him. The Falcons are pretty much locked in on Matt Ryan now. I would not be surprised to see the Dallas Cowboys make a move for that top spot of Miami's. Parcells doesn't even like that pick this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode Six....uploading now!!   Episode Six....uploading now!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode Six....uploading now!!
Page 1 of 1