Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2008 season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

2008 season Empty
PostSubject: 2008 season   2008 season Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Geez, no one else has thoughts about the MLB '08 season? I haven't been here forever and thought I'd see your predictions/comments but nothing!! Come on. Pick it up. Of course, predictions are the most overrated and, in some ways, most pointless thing you can do.

I love the unpredictability of MLB. The Orioles are actually playing good. The Tigers are awful early. The Kansas City Royals are playing sound fundamental simple baseball - and winning. I shouldn't even be surprised that the Athletics are doing well, they always seem to do well with players that have the notoriety of a small town VFW bar frequent. The Marlins are kinda the same way except they have maybe the best SS in the game. The Cardinals have had great starting pitching early with Mulder, Carpenter, Pineiro and Matt Clement on the DL still...I could see a trade for another bat in that lineup later in the season. The Cubs are good but they have a lot of pressure on them - some of it not really all that fair (what did Derrek Lee or Lou Piniella have to do with 100 years of no World Series titles? BTW, have all Cubs fans been waiting 100 years? Count your blessings. Things could be worse. You could have ZERO winning seasons in 15 years like the Pirates or have ZERO playoff appearances like numerous other teams in the past 20...so that's part of the reason why I cringe when I'm told I'm supposed to "feel sorry" for you people :) ). The Reds are the sleeper team in the NLC. The D'backs have had the best start.

And just for the heck of it, my predictions at the beginning of the year were as follows:
ALE: Red Sox
ALC: Indians
ALW: Angels
NLE: Braves
NLC: Cubs
NLW: Dodgers
AL Wild Card: Tigers
NL Wild Card: D'backs
AL champ: Tigers
NL champ: Dodgers
World Champs: Tigers

You know, maybe the Tigers winning the wild card wasn't an awful pick with their awful start. Alright, Chicago fans, there you go.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

2008 season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 season   2008 season Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:05 am

You sure you weren't thinking about the Rays and Marlins at all?
Back to top Go down

2008 season
Page 1 of 1