Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seattle Sports Star

Go down 
+4
CardinalPackerHoosier
supermanox
meathorse
Underground Dyer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Seattle Sports Star Empty
PostSubject: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:11 am

I was just surfing espn.com and saw a poll that they had. The question is simple enough but the answer, to me anyway, is anything but.

The question is, who is Seattle's current sports star?

The choices are:

Shaun Alexander
Kevin Durant
Felix Hernandez
Ichiro

Usually when a question like this comes up you can rationalize yourself to an answer relatively quickly, but I had to think about this one a bit and thought I would present it here to see if you guys felt the same way I did about it - that this isn't a slam dunk, no thought required, answer.

I had trouble with it because I would wager that Hasselbeck might give Alexander a run for his money for top football star. I personally would go with either Durant or Ichiro right now.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:16 am

Holy shit!
It's Who's Now: Seattle Edition!
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 2:29 am

Ichiro is very "now"

He would have to be the most popular in Seattle. Sometimes its hard for football players to be marketed individually, ie.....not Peyton.

They are generally faceless gladiators who aren't allowed to take their helmet off. I bet half of the football fans in america would think Alexander was one of the Barber brothers.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:07 am

It's not even close. It's Ichiro. I'm willing to bet everyone in Seattle, even the non-sports fans, knows who Ichiro is. They probably wouldn't all know Alexander.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:38 am

Quote :
They probably wouldn't all know Alexander.
Really?
I'm not arguing about the Ichiro thing, but I find that hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 6:07 am

I'd also say Ichiro in a landslide
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:18 am

supermanox made the point. Football players aren't as recognizable sometimes. And Alexander does resemble one of the Barber guys. My point was non sports fans know who Ichiro is cos he's become such a big thing in America, let alone Seattle. He's one of the most unique athletes around.

It's not like Alexander can go anywhere and not be noticed. I'm sure that isn't the case esp. with die hard Seahawks fans. But...he isn't Peyton Manning. Or Brett Favre. The average person wouldn't know he was...or care.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
spartan_captan2293

spartan_captan2293

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:10 am

im with everyone on this one..Ichiro is known around the nation especially when he was in the all-start game...but me bieng a football player.. yes he could be passed off as a barber but.. they arent facless the best players become the face of the NFL so people are going to know who they are.. when they make the covers of madden and here about them on the news..you dont have to like them or really know about them but it doesnt hurt to have the knowledge about sports
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gray_and_blue
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 5:47 pm

I will chip in with an Ichiro vote as well I am afriad
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 6:09 pm

I want to be with the cool kids, so I'll say Ichiro too.

That's also my opinion, which helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Sports Star   Seattle Sports Star Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seattle Sports Star
Page 1 of 1