Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thestos

thestos

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2 Empty
PostSubject: Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2   Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 am

Hey Ryan,

Great piece you did here, I really enjoyed it and I have a lot of respect for your advice......even more so because I agree with you 100%. Very Happy

I have all 4 of these players on various fantasy rosters, mainly for the reasons you outlined.

Kurt Warner is a great move, especially in start 2 QB leagues where QB's become a premium and finding a decent back up is tough. I play in 2 leagues like this, both reasonably deep and I've rostered Warner as my QB4 in both.....and I was able to grab him off waivers. I agree also with you that if you wanted to take a flyer on a QB3, his upside is tremendous if Leinart goes down with a host of weapons in Arizona.

Ahman Green seems to have found his way on to a good majority of my fantasy rosters this season as my RB3, usually grabbing him in the 5th sometimes 6th round. For someone with potential top 10/likely top 15 production, that's almost criminal. I'd probably take Jacobs over Green because Jacobs will be a TD vulture no matter what, but as for Mr consistancy, Green is a poor mans Rudi Johnson and nowhere near the cost. Would easily take him over the likes of Jamal Lewis and DeAngelo Williams.......Williams has great upside as a RB4 but Carolina is looking more and more like it will be RBBC all the way in 07.......one of the reasons I was happy to deal him in our STUN league.

Ike Bruce.....great call Ryan!! respect bro! To think that Drew Bennett's ADP is WR43 and Bruce is WR44 yet Bruce finished as WR25 last season. I think Bennett has proved he is not a No.1 WR, better suited to being a WR2 or 3 and he won't overtake Bruce until there are visible signs of decline in his game......and it hasn't happened yet. It seems like I've drafted quite deeply at the WR position is most redraft leagues and haven't had a need to roster Bruce but I took over 1 keeper and 1 dynasty team that both had weak WR corps.....and as it happened both teams had Issac Bruce...and I'm holding on to him for dear life this season for that consistent, savvy veteran depth and experience he will add to my teams.

Marcus Pollard is another player who I've drafted as a solid TE2 in an offense that produces good fantasy numbers as well as anointing him as the starter......can't go wrong there!

Great stuff, looking forward to more.....and don't worry Ryan, I won't be a stranger around these parts!
Back to top Go down
http://kurtrudder.blogspot.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2   Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:13 pm

Thestos - Thanks for the words of encouragement. I thought it was one of my better written columns when it comes to fantasy football. The guy I wrote it for disagreed with my thought on Warner, but I think he was missing the point. Warner is a late round draft pick with the potential of an incredible amount of fantasy points just an injury away. I've really helped my self win some leagues and set my self up the following year by drafting QB gems in the late rounds. Guys like Doug Flutie and Kurt Warner (When with Rams0 became expendable guys that would get me a third RB like an Emmitt Smith or a first/second round draft pick the following year for teams trying to make that last effort puch. When you've had Peyton Manning on your team for the past 8 years you can get away with these moves. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2   Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:45 am

I'm wrong about a lot of things, but anyone who had roster room for three QB's has to be happy if they followed my advice on Kurt Warner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2   Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryan's blog post - Respect your elders - Fantasy Insight #2
Page 1 of 1