Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Larry D's Power Rankings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Larry D's Power Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:34 pm

I've been waiting to hear your cheers and jeers about my Power Rankings and have finally grown implatient Razz

So here's the link to my blog about them under the "Blog" tag on the main page:

http://www.sportstalkunderground.com/Blog/D78235D7-9363-4744-9E9A-0A84FD90F244.html

I'm dying for some feedback so let's have it.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:25 am

I see a non-playoff team at #6. They must have had the bestest off season ever!

Of course, as a Broncos fan I fully agree and am perfectly OK with this assessment.

As much as I love the word "clusterfuck"... Atlanta just can't be way down there at the bottom, regardless of how you feel about them right now. Maybe you could take a few deep breaths and rethink their position? Very Happy

Harrington alone is at least good for 31st.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:36 am

He has a point. Even without Mike Vick, I can't see Atlanta doing worse than Oakland. For Atlanta, the slide from mediocrity was sudden. For the Raiders, it's a way of life.

I have to say, I'm loving how so many sports writers kind of have their panties in a bunch because the Texans have Matt Schaub now. You know, because David Carr was their problem. Suuuuure. Whatever; Schaub's going to learn the difference between cumulus and nimbus clouds very quickly, because he's still behind the same pathetic offensive line. Thank you for not falling into that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:08 am

I actually would not put the Broncos that high. They lost their middle linebacker whose name is not in my mind. I don't think their wr's are that good, and Cutler better make MANY strides from the suckeness of last year to being good enough this year. Their defense was 14th in ypg and 8th in ppg. And that is where they are going to stay. I still se them as a 9 or 10 win team.

Eagles are alittle to high. Only because of McNabbs injury proneness and their lack of recievers

Flip San Fran and Seattle.

Other then that , their not that bad
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:32 am

Quote :
Schaub's going to learn the difference between cumulus and nimbus clouds very quickly, because he's still behind the same pathetic offensive line.
I don't get it. He's a weather man or something?

Quote :
They lost their middle linebacker whose name is not in my mind.
Al Wilson.

Quote :
I don't think their wr's are that good
They're the same they were last year, but add Stokely from Indy. They lack a solid number two, but I expect Marshall to step up this year!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 7:03 am

Quote :
I don't get it. He's a weather man or something?

No, he's going to get sacked half a million times a game and spend a ton of time on his back, staring at the sky.

David Carr got a bum rap. He's actually a decent QB. He had good numbers for someone so intimate with the taste of turf. Imagine what he's going to do now that he has the chance to stay upright for more than thirty seconds at a time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 7:17 am

I agree with you whodey on Schaub. My feelings are the Texans are going to continue to grow on defense this year and run the ball better which is why I like where Larry has them. I need re re-look at his list, but I never remember looking at it asking myself why a certain team was there. The Faconat 32 might initially confuse all of us, but he's kind of going out of the box for this 32 pick and when you think about it, the Falcons don't have much. Let's not forget they also lost Ptrick Kerney on defense and they have a new head coach. It's going to be a MESS in Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 9:33 am

whodeygal wrote:

No, he's going to get sacked half a million times a game and spend a ton of time on his back, staring at the sky.
I see! Very good. Shame I needed it explained :)

Quote :
He had good numbers for someone so intimate with the taste of turf
You're very colorful.

Quote :
he's kind of going out of the box for this 32 pick
Fair enough. It would just be the same old boring rankings if he didn't. I'll find something else to gripe about!

Quote :
3. San Diego Chargers
Why oh why would you coach-cleanse a 14-2 team? If they aren't substantially worse this season, then talent is everything and coaching doesn't mean shit. These guys will be 10-6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larry D's Power Rankings   Larry D's Power Rankings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Larry D's Power Rankings
Page 1 of 1