Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jay Cutler for 2007

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Jay Cutler for 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Jay Cutler for 2007   Jay Cutler for 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 4:57 am

meathorse, can you give us your thoughts on Cutler so far and how you think he will fair this season. I'm having such a tough time deciding how good Denver will be because of him.
Back to top Go down
BillsDuffMan

BillsDuffMan

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler for 2007   Jay Cutler for 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:06 am

BillsDuffMan says Cutler is no Losman. BillsDuffMan's thoughts are that Cutler will struggle in crucial spots for the team and lose them a couple. Final numbers for Cutler, 20TD, 16INT, 3,200 YDS
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler for 2007   Jay Cutler for 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:53 am

Oh, put me on the spot!
I thank BillsDuffMan for his preliminary review, this takes the pressure off.

I've only seen him play one preseason game... it was against San Fran. I think he threw all of 2 passes. One bounced about 5 yards short, the other was a nice completion over the middle. Later on that same drive he scrambled and dove head first into two tacklers a couple yards short of the goal line. I liked it!

They took him out shortly after Wink

You ask me about Cutler... my perception is too skewed. He makes good decisions. He's smart on the field. He doesn't throw dumb passes. To me, he does not look like the guy that will lose you games out of sheer stupidity. Can he win a few on his own? Dunno. That's asking lots for a young guy.

Quote :
I'm having such a tough time deciding how good Denver will be because of him.
OK, enough fanboy bullshit. Mike Shanahan is an excellent judge of talent... and if he puts in Cutler over the unjustly hated Plummer... there's a good reason for it. They will be a better team now than they were last year. Guaranteed 10-6 at worst.
Back to top Go down
dolphinsmakemecry

dolphinsmakemecry

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler for 2007   Jay Cutler for 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:00 am

What's fanboy bullshit? I don't follow. Am I too old to get this speak?

I think the Broncos will do fine with Cutler, but probably would go farther with a proven quarterback. I actually think a guy like Trent Green would have gotten the job done out there. Denver has Cutler so they have to play him now. I think the guys had the Broncos going 11-5 meat, so no one was freaking out. Does he throw more picks than touchdowns?
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler for 2007   Jay Cutler for 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:20 am

Uh, maybe that's not proper use of "fanboy bullshit". Let's replace it with "That's enough of me being a Broncos homer."

Quote :
Does he throw more picks than touchdowns?
9 and 5 last year, so no.
BillsDuffMan sold him well short based on last year's numbers.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler for 2007   Jay Cutler for 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 am

I think the kid shows a lot of promise. He did fairly well last season, considering. No, they didn't go to the playoffs, but it was his first season in the league. That can be intimidating, and I think he handled it well.

He's got a lot of upside (I know, I'm sorry!); that's why I drafted him as my backup. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler for 2007   Jay Cutler for 2007 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay Cutler for 2007
Page 1 of 1