Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2007 NFL Predictions Competition

Go down 
+7
STUN.Ryan
Max
Promotions
rockhoppers
thestos
BrianIm
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-13

2007 NFL Predictions Competition Empty
PostSubject: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:20 pm

You may remember in our announcement about our the decisions made in our meeting on Sunday that we mentioned a picks competition that Mark (Rockhoppers) had volunteered to run for us. This is the official announcement for that competition.

After this announcement it is going to be Mark's show to run. We have conferred on the rules and the scoring and they are listed below. The rules are pretty self explanatory but if you have any questions feel free to ask us or Mark anything about you don't understand.

Ryan and Larry will be taking part in the competiton but will not be eligible to win the competition, only the listeners are eligible to win the competition.

So good luck to you guys, get your entries in and see how well your NFL crystal ball works.

RULES: PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY

1. You place each of the 8 divisions in final finishing order - for each of the 32 teams finishing in the exact position in their division which you have predicted - you will get 5 points....maximum points possible, 160 pts..

2. And for each of the 8 divisions in which you predict the exact finishing order of all teams in that division - 10 bonus points....maximum bonus points possible, 80 pts.

3. AFC wild-card winners - 5 points each = 10 pts.

4. NFC wild-card winners - 5 points each = 10 pts.

5. Predict the AFC Champs - 10 pts.

6. The NFC Champs - 10 pts.

7. The SUPER BOWL Winner - 15 pts.

BONUS POINTS

8. The QB finishing the regular season with the most Passing Yards - 5 pts

9. The RB finishing the regular season with the most Rushing Yards - 5 pts

10. The WR/TE finishing the regular season with the most Catches - 5 pts

11. The Defensive Player finishing the regular season with the most Sacks - 5 pts

12. The Defensive Back finishing the regular season with the most Interceptions - 5 pts

13. The Kicker finishing the regular season with the most Points - 5 pts

14. The Offensive Player finishing the regular season with the most Touchdowns - 5 pts

15. The Player named MVP of the NFL 10 pts

16. The Defensive Player named Defensive Player of the Year 10 pts

17. As our contribution to the inevitable 'Favre-Watch', there are also 15 bonus points available to anyone who can guess the approximate week that Brett Favre passes Dan Marino’s 420 touchdown passes record - and that's the date he passes it, not equals it. You will picking the week in the season that Favre breaks the record. 15 pts.

TOTAL POINTS AVAILABLE - 365

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players finishing on the exact same stats - i.e. if say 3 players all catch 90 passes, or all finished with 12 sacks - then all 3 players would count for 5 points.

You don't have to actually predict what players finishing stats will be (e.g. 23 TDs)... but just the name of the players who top the stats in each category.

And that's it.

In the event of a two (or more) way tie for 1st and 2nd places, the member scoring the most points in the divisional standings will be declared the winner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can e-mail your entries as from today (mark.rockhoppers@googlemail.com), but you can 'edit' and change your predictions as often as you want right through Training Camp and up until the closing date on August 31.

The competition will remain open for any new entries - or changes or edits to predictions - up until FRIDAY AUGUST 31ST .... then it will be locked until we have a Super Bowl winner in February.

Entries will be posted on a locked thread on the STUN Message Board for all to see.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTRY CRITERIA

1. Members can only enter ONE set of predictions each. But you can edit/change your predictions as many times as you like until the cut off date.

2. Anyone can enter, though we do ask that you remain active in the forum throughout the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRIZES

To Be Determined at a later date. But probably something along the lines of an NFL Shop Gift Card or iTunes Gift Card, etc.[b]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportstalkunderground.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:20 pm

There has been an alteration to the scoring. We forgot to add MVP and Defensive Player of the Year as a way of scoring points. But they have now been added which gives you another possible 20 points towards your total.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:13 am

You guys have about two weeks left to get your picks in for the competition.

Make sure you are sending them to promotions@sportstalkunderground.com

The competition is open until Friday August 31st at which time the picks will be posted in a locked thread for all to see (but not alter Very Happy ).

Dyer and Simmons will be taking part, but will not be eligible for the prize which will either be a $50 NFL Shop or iTunes gift card, winner's choice.

So get those picks in!!
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:58 am

So we are sending our entries to promotions@sportstalkunderground.com? Just wondering because in the original post it says send it to mark.rockhoppers@googlemail.com
Back to top Go down
thestos

thestos

Male Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:47 pm

nothing for offensive & defensive rookie of the year?
Back to top Go down
http://kurtrudder.blogspot.com/
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:13 pm

BrianIm wrote:
So we are sending our entries to promotions@sportstalkunderground.com? Just wondering because in the original post it says send it to mark.rockhoppers@googlemail.com

Brian, either will work - however if you send them to promotions then gmail will stick them in the right tag then there is less chance of me losing them Very Happy

Just a reminder one week to go to get those predictions in - good luck
Back to top Go down
Promotions

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 6:20 pm

As Larry and Ryan have been saying on their shows there is now a week to go to get those picks in.

I have entries from

Meathorse
    thestos
    Mrs Meathorse
    rockhoppers

If you think you have entered and are not listed let me know - promotions@sporttalkunderground.com

So everybody else don't make me send you a PM begging you to enter Mad
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 6:39 pm

I have entered. (I emailed Promotions.)
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:54 pm

meathorse, you need to get your wife a username on the board and let rockhoppers know what it is. Its' the only way we'll take her as an official entrant Laughing
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:41 pm

Oh noes! She's going to read stuff! Stuff that I've written!
Let me go delete a few things and then I'll send her on down here :)
Back to top Go down
mrs meathorse

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 2:44 am

okay so my husband made me do the picks and then told me I had to sign up on the forum to enter my picks. so here I am. :)

I will totally win!
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:14 pm

Only three days left!!!

Get your picks into promotions@sportstalkunderground.com by Friday, August 31st.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
Promotions

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:41 am

As Larry says, only two days to go. good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
Chus

Chus

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:13 am

i am in.
Back to top Go down
Promotions

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:35 pm

Last day guys, just think, if you ask the guys nicely they will change the $50 gift token with a chance to meet them for let us say an hour...

Anyway, here is the roll call so far - if you think you should be on this list drop me a PM or a mail promotions@sportstalkunderground.com

MeatHorse
    thestos
    Mrs Meathorse
    Rockhoppers
    Max
    Larry
    supermanOX
    BBR-Greg
    Chus
    Borsky
    JDBurlin

So Ryan, BrianIM, Whodeygal, DaBearsXX, Coast2Coast, CardinalPackerHoosier, drkmstr, spartan_captan2293, dolphinsmakemecry and Bob Wiley you have just a day left to get your entries in. I will post the entries at the weekend. Good luck everyone
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:14 am

Just sent mine in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007 NFL Predictions Competition   2007 NFL Predictions Competition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2007 NFL Predictions Competition
Page 1 of 1