Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions

Go down 
+8
Max
meathorse
Underground Dyer
Nas
wasudante
whodeygal
simon
STUN.Ryan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Empty
PostSubject: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:50 pm

This will be somewhat of a live thread/chat during gamedays for week 1.
Back to top Go down
simon

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:31 pm

Finally football is back!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:45 pm

Favorite team predictions for the day?

jd's Ravens? Brian's Eagles? Super's Panthers? Let's hear from the fans on their teams.

I predict the Colts wins 41-10. :)

I really like the Texans to get on track today with a win over the Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
simon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:51 pm

To be honest I'm just more of a "general" fan. I don't have a team, although I'm keeping an eye on the Cowboys because they drafted me on Madden, which as tenious as it may be, is a good a reason as any in my book.

That and obviously everyone in my Fantasy team! (Note to those players at the glorious Macclesfield Moustaches - Stop getting injured! )

I find it hard to pick a team when you have no affiliation with them (i.e. you aren't from there, or have it instilled from family). I'm just hoping for some good action.

3 games back to back, with a further 2 to flick onto with interactive! BRING IT ON!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:55 pm

In that case simon if you bandwagon on to a team this year that becomes your favorite team and you stick with them through the good and BAD. I Remember when the Cowboys were winning superbwls left and right and seeing everyone where Irvin, Aikman, and E. SMIth jerseys in the hallways of school. Those same people went out to buy Broncos stuff later and drop their Cowboys love off. However, a few of those people who bandwagonned on to the Boys stuck with them through a rough stretch and become die-hards from that point. Anytime I saw someone wearing Cwboys stuff at that time, I knew I was looking a true fan of that team. There's no shame in an initial bandwagonning period of being a fan. The shame comes if you still do it 5 or 6 years later. Find a team this year you just really like and go with it.
Back to top Go down
simon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:04 pm

Well as the saying goes "When your born your given 2 things, your name and your football team, and you can only change one"...

I know all about sticking through thick and thin! My favourite soccer team are Sunderland (other UK members will testify, that has been quite a chore over the last 18 years of me going to their games!!) so I know all about the highs and lows!

I think I'll just see how it goes and over the first few weeks then latch on to something. However its gotta be easier when you're from the city/area of a NFL team, quite hard to pick one team over there from across the pond!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:32 pm

True, simon. My uncle was the influence along with a Halloween night performance by Eric Dickerson that helped convert me into a Colts fan. I think this is the year you "latch on."
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Yay! Kickoff Sunday!!!!!

I know the Bengals aren't playing, but still yay!!!!

Suspect

I may be excited about that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
wasudante

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:45 pm

seahawks will roll over tampa bay today. It's going to be loud here all game and have jeff garcia wishing he was wearing a green uni still.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:55 pm

Jeff Garcia isn't totally washed up yet. I think Tampa Bay is going to put up at least a little bit of a fight.

Don't get me wrong, they're totally going to lose; but I think they'll try to scrap for a while.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Yea, somehting tells me actually that Tampa Bay will be a surprise team this year. The more I think about it, the more it wouldn't surprise me if this team goes 9-7.
Back to top Go down
Nas

Nas

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:35 pm

My surprise team is the Oakland Raiders. Shocked pale The Raiders had a top 5 defense last year even though they had arguably the worst offense in NFL history. Having an NFL quarterback who can get the ball to guys like Porter(now that he isn't suspended by a dumb coach)and to guys like Mike Williams that have a lot to prove will make the offense better. With the addition of Rhodes and a couple new pieces to the offensive line the Raiders will have a better running game. An improved offense to go with that great defense will push the Raiders into the playoffs.

Bears Game:

This game could easily end up a blow out in favor of the Bears. If Kruetz can do a good job on Williams then Benson should be able to pound the ball up the middle(middle LB'ers are weak links). A good running game sets up the play action pass. Give Grossman time to throw and he will pick apart the Chargers weak secondary. Also LT has been known to be a slow starter. If the front 7 can stop him early it will be a long day for Rivers. Look for Benson to pick up a lot of yards on the ground and Grossman to make good throws. The Bears defense will have Rivers on his back all game and force at least 2 turnovers. Bears win in a laugher.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Laugher?

I hope to God you are right Nas, I really do. I picked the Bears to win but I don't know about laugher. But I would like to be able to coast through the second half watching the Bears extend or pad their lead as opposed to trying to catch the Chargers from behind.

Should be a good game though, I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
simon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:50 am

Brady is owning!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:08 am

Oh my God, the Pittsburgh/Cleveland game is terrible! Romeo Crennel is going to lose his job. At this rate, he could be gone by midseason. Tons of sacks, more penalties than you can shake a stick at, sickly defense, sickly offense, and so many turnovers it's not even funny.

It was suggested that I watch the game with the Benny Hill chase theme as backing music. I'm inclined to agree. I feel bad for the Browns. They look a hot mess.
Back to top Go down
simon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:25 am

Must say I'm loving the Patriots game so far. 3 TD's, all from passes. This could go either way!
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:28 am

Marshawn Lynch looks really good.
He's adding 2 yards to the end of every run from pure badass alone. It's pissing me off :)
Back to top Go down
simon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:39 am

WOW! History made in the Pats/Jets game!

Hobbs with 108yd KO return for TD. Longest in NFL History apparently!
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:03 am

meathorse wrote:
Marshawn Lynch looks really good.
He's adding 2 yards to the end of every run from pure badass alone. It's pissing me off :)

.... really really pissing me off.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:48 am

Wow. Listening to the crowd at the SD/CHI game, you'd think they were playing in Chicago! Do the Chargers have no fans?

Quote :
Must say I'm loving the Patriots game so far. 3 TD's, all from passes. This could go either way!
Judging from the final score, that ended quickly :)
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:58 am

Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:26 am

Anyone else think the Chi- San D is a sloppy game?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 am

Incredibly sloppy. It's mostly defense. The offenses aren't doing very much.

It was sort of what I expected. The Bears' O isn't much to write home about, and I think Phillip Rivers is overrated. (Yes, I know I'm all alone in that.) LT had to throw the dang touchdown pass. Good grief.
Back to top Go down
simon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:41 pm

Looks like I wasn't alone for the SD game. I fell asleep! (and as a result missed the game after, Cowboys was it?)
Back to top Go down
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:05 pm

the Eagles game was tight, but the Eagles gave that game to the Packers in the end. Ugh, weak special teams.

Heard about the guy in Buffalo that had a helmet-to-helmet collision and didn't move afterward. May be paralyzed for life...that's awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next