Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions

Go down 
+4
meathorse
whodeygal
jdburlin1022
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-13

NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Empty
PostSubject: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Have at it.

Last edited by on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportstalkunderground.com
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 12:36 am

Any one else think that the jersey's the Steelers are wearing today are Freaking ugly???
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:02 am

AUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!

*insert string of expletives that would make a trucker bawl like a baby*

I'm so pissed right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:14 am

GOooo!!! Cleveland!!!
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:20 am

Is New Orleans a one year wonder?
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:23 am

Holy hell on TB and CLE! I'm going to be out of my survivor pool on week 2 affraid
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:38 am

Oh wow. The 4th quarter is just now starting in that CIN/CLE game? What on earth is happening over there??? This game's going to be 60 to 65.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:48 am

MAN Cinci has a good D
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 am

I picked them up for my fantasy team this week. Our rules for defense include "-1 point for every Point Allowed after reaching 35 total Points Allowed"

Ow Sad
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:05 am

uhhh...about cincy getting that respect...ummm.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:18 am

I kept hearing dogs barking all day.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:43 am

STUN.Ryan wrote:
uhhh...about cincy getting that respect...ummm.... scratch
Oh lord... what have you done?
*duck and cover*

The Broncos gave me another heart attack. If it's like this every week I'll die by week 8.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:58 am

Im sure Denver deserved to win that game. But the fact is, calling a Time out right before a person kicks a field goal is a bunch of BS. This isn't just against Denver this is against any team ever. I think the reffs should be able to ignore a timeout call in that situation. ITs a punch of bs that shouldn't be dlet happen
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:09 am

yea, i think its kind of a bullshit way to use it. It'd almost be like a basketball team on defense being able to call timeout before a game winning shot attempt. I actually left a bar thinking Oakland won until I got home.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:15 am

Yea he made the one where they called the time out. How about cleveland though? Showing just how GOOD that Cinci defense is
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:37 am

Why are we bothering to root for any team not the Patriots this year. It's just not fair.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:28 am

What's this? A movement against using timeouts to ice kickers? BAH on you all.

No one can keep up this level of awesomeness all season long. The Pats will crash down to ground level in time for the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 12:54 pm

No one is saying that. We're saying this whole lets call it right before they snap shit.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 6:31 pm

New rule. When you call a timeout, the officials wait 5 seconds then signal for it.

BAH on you all Razz
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:19 pm

*sigh*

I wisely kept my ass out of here all day yesterday, knowing that some folks were going to have some smartass things to say about the Bengals in their loss.

I see I was not incorrect in my assumption.

I am no longer particularly cranky about the whole thing. First off...well, you don't need to know about that. Suffice it to say that something good and unexpected happened to me this morning that calmed me substantially. Secondly, now that I've had a chance to sleep on it, while I'm still not happy about the loss, to the Browns no less, a) it wasn't a blowout, thank God, and b) it was a game coming off a short week following a very physical opening game. Considering that, it probably came off as well as could be expected. It wasn't like the Saints, who were held scoreless until the third quarter.

Eh. We move on to week three.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:08 pm

Quote :
b) it was a game coming off a short week following a very physical opening game. Considering that, it probably came off as well as could be expected.

Expectations must be low then. There's no reason to ever give up 51 points to a team in the NFL, worst of all the Browns.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:42 pm

STUN.Ryan wrote:
Quote :
b) it was a game coming off a short week following a very physical opening game. Considering that, it probably came off as well as could be expected.

Expectations must be low then. There's no reason to ever give up 51 points to a team in the NFL, worst of all the Browns.
Though she's admitted to no longer being cranky, I'm sure the horror of giving up 51 points to the Browns is still clouding all judgement. Not sure this conversation can take place this week.

Yes, I'm talking like WhoDey isn't in the room Very Happy

Anyone care to talk about the Texans or the Chiefs? I love underdogs and I love train wrecks.... especially when the train wreck is Kansas City! There's some serious schadenfreude going on over here. Watching them suck and the locals here panic is even better than seeing Denver win.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:46 pm

The Patriots will suffer from the karma boomerang soon enough, but in the meantime, watch out, they were dominant last night. I actually got to watch that game. Looks like the "aints" are at it again, stinking up the joint. Bravo to Shanahan with that timeout, of course if the first one was a miss and the second one good then the discussion today would be what a dumbass he is. The Panthers played true to form yesterday, nice fumbles jackasses, the Texans look good so far, but the new will wear off soon enough, (I'm actually a Texans fan, so I hope they do well)

The Bears have to be a little worried about Rex now though, Bad Rex will kill this team, it is a matter of when not if.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:20 pm

STUN.Ryan wrote:
The Browns gave up 45 points too; like I said, it wasn't like it was a blowout.

Maybe they were who we thought they were. Laughing

Sorry boys; I know you'd love for me to scream and throw things, but it's over, and there's really not a whole lot that can be done about it except move on. Yes I'm disappointed, but what's done is done, I doubt I'm even a tenth as upset as the actual Bengals are, and all I can do now is hope for a decent rebound.

Quote :
The Patriots will suffer from the karma boomerang soon enough
From your lips to God's ears.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:47 pm

I would have to agree with whodey about not obsessing over the Bengals loss, that seemed to be a freak output of offense from the Browns. There always seems to be a couple of those type games a year where teams that have no business scoring like that put up huge games, likewise teams that normally score at will get held to 10 points. There defense was a concern last year and when they didn't do anything to address that in the offseason, you knew that there would concern this year as well. Once they play the Steelers, the Bengals will have a good idea of where both teams are.

The Eagles might want to be a little worried, they were never in any rhythm against Washington last night and Donovan doesn't seem completely confident in the pocket at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Week 2 Gameday Live Discussions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next