Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"

Go down 
+4
Sven
whodeygal
meathorse
BBR-Greg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Empty
PostSubject: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Listen to the latest Buffalo Bills Review

The Buffalo Bills and Western New York share a collective heavy heart today. You never like to see a player suffer an injury, especially a serious injury. But on Sunday, Kevin Everett suffered a pretty rare "catastrophic" injury. On the opening kickoff of the second half, Everett made the tackle, and immediately slumped to the ground, and never got up. He was taken off the field by ambulance and doctors performed emergency surgery later that night at Millard Fillmore Hospital in Buffalo. Check the links below for more information on Kevin's current status from BuffaloBills.com.

There was a game, and it was nearly equal in shock value. The Bills led the Broncos for all but one second of their home opener. At 59:59 the Broncos got off a record setting field goal to win the game by one point with no time left. But sometimes, you realize that football takes a back seat.

There was still a game, and so we did record a show. A very good show. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://buffalobillsreview.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:00 am

Just thought I'd come here and say that Marshawn Lynch looked super sexy awesome cool on Sunday. As a non-Bills fan it means 10x more when I say it :)

Quote :
At 59:59 the Broncos got off a record setting field goal
Record setting field goal? What did I miss?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:15 am

Kevin Everett's injury is a horrible thing. My heart goes out to him and his family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Record   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 1:09 am

Meathorse...

I'm not sure exactly, but Jason Elam said something about that in his press conference. I guess it was the fastest that a field goal unit has ever gotten on the field, got set, and snapped the ball/made the kick. Check out the game center on NFL.com (Bills/Broncos)
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 1:12 am

Oh, and yeah. He impressed a lot of Bills fans too. We didn't get to see anything in the pre-season so there was a bit of concern, but he looks fantastic. It's too early to really make the comparison, but he really runs a lot like Thurman did. So fun to see that again.

But football has seemed a bit less important in Western New York since Sunday. Sad Kevin is still not out of the woods for sure. I guess everyone is still sort of holding their breath. So crazy. Sad
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Favorite Line   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 3:50 am

Favorite line from last night's show from the Drake comes at about 0:45 in the intro section...

Quote :
We've got another 16.. 17 weeks of this crap, so... let's get it on!

Dave loves the Bills Review. And he loves the Bills. :)
Back to top Go down
Sven

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:20 am

Very good show!! And thanks or having me on!

Dave,

1)Heineken is dutch, not german! How could you... Wink the Beer you need to know is called Astra! Beer from hamburg!

2) Of course you sign my shirt!! That is one of the reasons I ordered them Razz Maybe I can sign Johns Outfit from facebook in Return.

Well, i will call the listener hotline later this week!
Talk to you later!
Back to top Go down
BBR_John

BBR_John

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:06 pm

The Heineken thing was partly my fault. During the week the hosts of the show usually have a group email discussion during which I said something by mistake about Heineken being German and Heineken light being nothing less than terrible.

Well I was obviously mistaken about it being German, but not about it being terrible (incase I haven't made myself clear, Heineken light is terrible, really terrible, like if you gave me the choice of drinking Heineken light and hanging myself with fishing line so it cut my head clean off, pass me the fishing line. Although normal Heineken isn't bad). That must have put it into Dave's subconscious. Add that to the fact the only beer Bufalonians really know is Labat’s.

From there I thought the idea of Bills lederhosen would be funny and found a pic off the internet that I photoshopped in about two minutes and sent to the guys. Greg thought it was Sven, it wasn’t, but I will post the pic on the website today since I took it off of facebook so if you all want to see it, it will be there.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:19 pm

I didn't think it was actually Sven... but I thought it was a tribute to our German friend. Was it not?
Back to top Go down
BBR_John

BBR_John

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:09 am

Yeah I guess it was, I wonder who I would have to talk to in order to see Bills lederhosen
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:13 am

John, why does that dog look like the spawn of satan? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BBR_John

BBR_John

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:02 am

It's actually my mom's dog. She's normally pretty nice, but we got he riled up one day and my brother got that picture. I since used it in my Ode to Brian Moorman http://buffalobillsreview.com/articles/2007/07/ode-to-brian-moorman.html and thought it fitting for use here.
Back to top Go down
BBR_John

BBR_John

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:36 am

As promised, I have posted the earlier discussed lederhosen photo at http://buffalobillsreview.com/articles/
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 4:14 am

I watched the Bills/Broncos game on NFL Replay, and I gotta agree with meathorse in saying that Marshawn Lynch looked awesome. He's gonna be a stud for you guys. JP Losman, though? He sounds like Michael Jackson! His voice is so damn high-pitched! Jeesh, I couldn't handle him being my starting quarterback, I'd just want to punch him in the face all the time. Get a quarterback that's gone through puberty, then you'll be taken seriously. tongue
Back to top Go down
drkmstr

drkmstr

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:51 pm

STUN.Ryan wrote:
John, why does that dog look like the spawn of satan? Twisted Evil

a guy name larry oder is the pawn of satan. everyone knows that
Back to top Go down
http://www.buffalobillsreview.com
drkmstr

drkmstr

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:53 pm

Sven wrote:
Very good show!! And thanks or having me on!

Dave,

1)Heineken is dutch, not german! How could you... Wink the Beer you need to know is called Astra! Beer from hamburg!

2) Of course you sign my shirt!! That is one of the reasons I ordered them Razz Maybe I can sign Johns Outfit from facebook in Return.

Well, i will call the listener hotline later this week!
Talk to you later!

Sorry, not up on my euro beers. Anyway we can meet at premeire in kenmore and go to the german aisle and pick out some good home world bres
Back to top Go down
http://www.buffalobillsreview.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"   Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show 3.05 - "Heavy Hearts"
Page 1 of 1