Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mike Vick

Go down 
+7
jdburlin1022
rockhoppers
whodeygal
Underground Dyer
STUN.Ryan
meathorse
supermanox
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 6:28 pm

Ha ha, I'm glad this guy might finally get whats coming to him, indicted by a federal grand jury for dogfighting, yeah that is how I want my team leader to be recognized in public from now on.

How sorry is he that with all that money and fame he resorts to fighting dogs until their death, buy a playstation man.

This is a tricky situation for the commish and for the falcons, should prove to be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 6:58 pm

Quote :
How sorry is he that with all that money and fame he resorts to fighting dogs until their death, buy a playstation man.
What, does EA make a Dogfighting Simulator or something?
Madden Fighting Pitbull Breeder 2008.

It's tricky for the Falcons... but it seems to me to be straightforward for the commish. Goodell has shown that accusations are enough for bannination. High profile felony charges? He's toast.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:25 pm

Good observations by both of you. I think Goodell has to show some consistency in how these suspensions are being handed out. I just hope we don't get ito a point in this league where everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

I wonder if the Falcons are having any second thoughts on trading Matt Schaub? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Everything I've been hearing regarding a suspension for Vick all point to the NFL waiting to see how this turns out before issuing one. It's been repeated over and over this morning on the radio that Goddell's new conduct policy is for repeat offenders and Vick isn't one. Now this is one hell of a way to get that started but as of now, Vick won't be suspended by the league until some kind of resolution is met in this case.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:38 pm

According to the precedent that Goodell himself has established, just the fact that he was indicted should be enough for a suspension. The other thing that seems to be mentioned is the fact that even though Vick is a first time offender, he lied repeatedly to the commish about his involvement. I think the only matter left is how long the suspension will be.

It was only a matter of time. I've been saying since this whole thing started that Vick knew about what was going on at that house and was probably involved somehow. He seems like the small-dicked, scuzzy little sleazy punk that would do crap like that. I've always thought that, and his actions bear it out.
meathorse wrote:

Madden Fighting Pitbull Breeder 2008.
That said, that did make me laugh out loud in spite of myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:06 pm

It is a tough road Goodell has set himself down.

The problem comes when the face of a franchise (such as Vick) gets himself in trouble. Can the Falcons afford to loss Vick for X games, what sort of fight will they put up in terms of appeals and then dragging it into court.

I would say though if it wasn't Vick and a bench player for the Raiders (say) gets indicted by a grand jury he would get suspended even if it is a first offence...

As for Madden Fighting Pitbull Breeder 2008, I didn't think they could improve on the 07 version but I hear you can buy a 08 Championship Dog Collar in this version
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:30 pm

Actually, from what I read this morning, the actual dog fighting won't be the reason the commish comes down on Vick. It is the interstate gambling aspect of it that merits a possible lifetime ban. Gambling is something that the NFL has always been very strict on, www.profootballtalk.com has been covering the story the best I've seen.

Also, Vick sat down with the commish right before the draft this year and told him that he knew nothing about any dogfighting at that property and that he very rarely goes there, lying to Goodell can't be a good move on his part.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:53 pm

This guy and his family are dumb.

Goodel better suspend this guy, cuz if he doesn't he will be showing favoritism. Anyone want to take bets on how long this guy is suspended?? I got a full year.

OBTW the falcons do have Joey Harrington that will be serviceable if he does get suspended

so much for the Mike Vick Experience
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:05 pm

He won't get suspended until he gets convicted or takes a deal. And I think it would be irresponsible of the league to issue a suspension before anything gets decided in this case. Favortism or not.

Now I have been a big Vick supporter in the past, I love to watch the guy play. But if he is found guilty or admits wrongdoing in this case, I will be first in line to crucify him. I just need the facts before I go passing judgment.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 pm

apparently, a conviction won't be that difficult, because they did not charge him with the crime of dogfighting, they charged him with conspiracy to commit, which is much easier to convict. He admittedly owned and operated a pit bull kennel that both housed and bred the dogs, and there are 4 "informant witnesses" whom provided a lot of detail about the activities including the planning of fights and the gambling aspect. Also of note, is that the cousin of Vick's who lived in the actual house where this took place is not being charged, makes you wonder if he is one of the grand jury's witnesses who gave testimony.

This ends badly no matter what, he will become a marketing pariah whether found guilty or innocent.

Also, I think the gambling aspect of the whole thing will be what the NFL hangs him on.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:29 pm

Was Pac-Man ever convicted before he was suspended? I might be wrong but from what I remember, he was just charged. Even if he comes of not guilty, his reputation is shot
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:31 pm

Pac-Man is a repeat offender as is Chris Henry and Tank Johnson. All had to make second mistakes before getting suspended by league conviction or not.

Mike Vick is a first time offender.

Pac-Man Jones is also an idiot who always finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and is taking his status as an NFL player for granted, thinking it will always be there because he has talent.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:36 pm

Quote :
He seems like the small-dicked, scuzzy little sleazy punk that would do crap like that. I've always thought that, and his actions bear it out.
affraid Wow.

Well this will be interesting to watch. I I love you train wrecks. Would be surprised of Larry's predictions come true, though.

Also... just for the record...

Quote :

The accused: Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor.

Allegation No. 1 : “Knowingly sponsoring and exhibiting an animal fighting venture.”

Allegation No. 2: Conducting a business enterprise involving gambling.

Allegation No. 3: Buying,transporting and receiving dogs for the purposes of an animal fighting venture.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:40 pm

But that's not a suspendable offense. I mean, everyone you just named clearly takes their status as NFL players for granted.

The lying is going to come into play for Vick, first offense or not. He looked the commissioner right in the eye and told him that he didn't know anything about what was going on with the dogfighting. In order to be indicted by a federal grand jury, there has to be a pretty convincing body of evidence that says the exact opposite. He had a chance to come clean, he didn't, and that's going to figure into his disciplinary decision. It has to. It's like when you were a kid; the punishments were always a lot harsher for me if I lied about what I'd done and then got caught later.

Yes, it's innocent until proven guilty, but the issue is also even the possibility that he could be dragged into court on it, and the dishonesty concerning that. Either way, what little bit of reputation he had is probably done.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:17 am

Chris Henrys small charges against him

or

Mike Vick fighting and KILLING dogs. That doesn't take more then one offense to get suspended. Its completly idiotic and is worse than what any Bengal has done yet. This guy needs a suspension
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:23 am

Some of the ways I heard of him killing these dogs just confuses the hell out of me. Give the dog decency to go Old Yeller on it (Borsky gave me that line). Instead, he apparently drowned them, hung them, and beat them to death. If this is the case, I'll never root for this asshole again.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:07 am

But it's just a stupid dog. It's not like it has feelings or anything. You're overreacting!*

*I am being sarcastic. I am a rabid dog lover, and if any of this dog fighting mess turns out to be true (which I seriously fear it is), the line to beat that little punk's ass forms behind me.
Back to top Go down
robertallen

Male Number of posts : 11

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 pm

I personally hate dogs. I think they are smelly, loud and obnoxious. Almost every one of my neighbors have a damn dog and it's a constant bark-fest almost 24/7...which is why I have to sleep downstairs.

BUT...they are living creatures. It pains me to think that the dogs who aren't dead from this horrific ordeal will never have a chance to be out in the world in a safe, loving home and have to be put to sleep.

If I may be blunt for a minute...what pains me is to hear talk shows with callers who call in and JUSTIFY this type of behavior. It's inhumane and unacceptable. While other societies in other countries find this type of act to be okay, in America dogs are domestic animals meant for the enjoyment and companionship of humans...thus making it illegal and immoral. What sickens me is to think that because he's such a superstar and has loads of money hey won't receive the same punishment as the average guy you see on Animal Cops (or whatever) do to ONLY ONE DOG.

It must suck to be a Falcons fan knowing Joey Harrington is going to be the starter for this upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:14 pm

I am not in the dog lovers camp, our neighbours dog barks all night frustrating Sad

Talk sport shows drive me nuts (it may be the only ones over here are Soccer Talk Sport shows but I won't let the facts get in the way). You get two type of people phone in, those who are at either end of the extreme, the castrate him now/ he should never ever play again gang and then the the well I killed a fly this morning and this is no different brigade.

There never seems to be any callers like the reasonable people those on this board lol!

But in all serious any form of animal cruelty is just moronic and not a minor offence. Goodell has to show some guts here, yes it is a first offence but as WhoDey says if you tell a bare faced lie and get caught you expect to be dealt with harshly. Would it be wrong for me to expect that he gets a convenient injury which happens to correspond with a ban... Wink
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:05 pm

Hm. Dog lovers? They love you right back, man.
(careful, this is more unpleasant than bull injuries)
Quote :
http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local_state/article.aspx?storyid=86961

Sorry of the off topicness.

Also... Harrington really might not turn out so bad.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 pm

Another part of Vick's problem is that he had kind of worn out his "home team goodwill" towards the end of last year with the whole shooting a double bird at the home fans, he was actually getting booed. Their owner is a very public-image conscious guy as well, so the moment this gets to affecting his personal image, something will happen to remove Vick from the Falcons perspective ie....paid leave while this is settled, which also keeps the league from having to take action since he's on leave.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:58 pm

meathorse wrote:
Hm. Dog lovers? They love you right back, man.
(careful, this is more unpleasant than bull injuries)
Um....EW!

Nope...that's all I got.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:10 pm

Dude.....seriously, do you go looking for this crap?

Or are you a lucky guy like my Dad who has friends who send this stuff to him in alarming volumes on a daily basis?
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:25 am

Oops... I quoted it instead of linking it. Oh well.

Quote :
Dude.....seriously, do you go looking for this crap?

Or are you a lucky guy like my Dad who has friends who send this stuff to him in alarming volumes on a daily basis?
Bulls goring asses and dog sodomy. Obviously I start off each morning with my daily Google search for "Animal Assholes".

The more I hear and read the more it sounds like neither the Falcons nor the NFL will pass down a suspension any time soon. I'm surprised.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:39 am

I think Vick is going to benefit from everybody jumping to conclusions in the Duke Lacrosse case and turning out to be wrong. Duke ended up having to pay out settlements and everything in that case and everyone thought that they had these kids dead to rights with the charges and the evidence. It all turned out to be a lie because the girl lied or proved to be unreliable.

They don't want to make a mistake like that in a case this big, it could be catastrophic for the Falcons and the league if they drop the hammer on him and it comes out he was telling the truth all along and had nothing to do with it. They are being cautious right now because this is too big to be hasty and then end up wrong. It's not going to be a popular decision, but it's the smart one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mike Vick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Vick
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next