Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mike Vick

Go down 
+7
jdburlin1022
rockhoppers
whodeygal
Underground Dyer
STUN.Ryan
meathorse
supermanox
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:54 am

I can get behind erring on the side of caution. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm upset that he should even be suspected of such a thing, and pissed off that there are idiots like Clinton Portis who think it's no big deal to have such a blatant disregard for life of any kind.

And, in all fairness, I thought Michael Vick was a greasy little punk long before any of this started happening. I think the double barrels last season were the breaking point. Ass.

I do, however, reserve the right to keep my torch and pitchfork near my front door in case I need to grab them fast and head for Georgia. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:25 am

So now, he's been asked not to report to camp. Nice happy medium they found. Not suspending him (at least, not yet), but not just letting him go on like nothing's happening. Good decision, I think. The whole case would be a serious distraction for the team in camp.

Bet they wish they'd held on to Schaub, huh?
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 am

I've been saying for a year now Vick should have been playing WR and having Schaub at QB. Would have been a much easier transition right now huh?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:41 am

Curiouser and curiouser...

One of Vick's co-defendants has pleaded guilty to dogfighting conspiracy charges.

He has agreed to cooperate fully, and has received no promise of any sort of sentencing. He just pleaded out and is taking his chances.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:44 am

Ooooooh, hmmmmmm, yeah, um.....not good.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:03 am

Vick's boned.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:07 am

He was framed.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:23 pm

I repeat, He's boned.

What recourse is there. He is supposedly "weighing his options", doesn't sound like what innocent people do does it? They usually just say not guilty and then prove their innocence, ie....phone records and teammate and coach's accounts of his wherabouts during the supposed illegal activity. I guess that isn't something he can provide.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:05 am

I repeat, he was framed.

And I know because... he was with me that night.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:15 am

Um, ew.

Yeah, I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but it's hard not to think that he's boned. I wonder if anyone else has said to him, "Dude, you might be boned." This could get ugly. Well, uglier.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:21 am

Quote :
Yeah, I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but it's hard not to think that he's boned.
He was. That's our alibi.

SHA-ZAM!
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:14 am

He's boned. As in, elephant.

Wait, elephant?!? How the hell is that an elephant?!?
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:29 am

Even more trouble for Vick

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

Quote :
Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA Laughing
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:43 am

lol!

Dear God, that's priceless!

My favorite part is where they mention that the guy suing Vick is in prison for wire fraud. Laughing
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:41 am

Holy wow! That's hilarious! I like this guy. When he gets out of prison, I'd let him date my daughter.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:08 pm

So let's see if I have this straight. It is NFL Policy that if you... Beat up women (Lawrence Phillips), murder or maim people at night clubs (Pacman Jones), kill families while driving drunk (Leonard Little), cheat with video equipment (Bellichick), or stomp on someone's head (Haynesworth), you get a slap on the wrist.

If you smoke pot or fight dogs, you are suspended from the league.

Question: Who plays in the NFL sooner? Pacman Jones (his posse paralyzed an innocent man) or Vick? Whose crime was more serious?
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 pm

Pacman could easily still have a future in the league, but Vick is done. As bad a guy as Pacman is, he's like teflon, nothing ever actually sticks to him, he is the boy who cried wolf, and very soon he'll go down for something as well. But he'll play again first.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:30 pm

Pacman and Bellichick's punishment can hardly be classified as a slap on the wrist. Half a season and half a million.

Quote :
Question: Who plays in the NFL sooner? Pacman Jones (his posse paralyzed an innocent man) or Vick? Whose crime was more serious?
So what if Pacman's posse shot a bitch? Do you think Vick would be in this much shit if his cousin ran this little kennel club?

You can't think of the Vick thing as merely making dogs fight on each other. The animal cruelty itself isn't the point. He started, funded and ran his very own special little illegal organization.

Also, f**k animals. They aren't people too. They should be used for cosmetics/weapons/NASA testing when we aren't making them eat each other alive for sport.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 6:30 pm

Quote :
So what if Pacman's posse shot a bitch? Do you think Vick would be in this much shit if his cousin ran this little kennel club?

lol! I got this great vision of all the dog handlers running the fighting dogs around in a little circle to be judged, like the AKC dog show or something, before ripping each other to shreds. I made me giggle.

Now that I've (mostly) stopped giggling, you actually have a valid point. Pacman incited an incident that ended with a man paralyzed; he didn't pull the trigger himself. On the other hand, Michael Vick admitted to financing the dog fighting operation, as well as taking part in torturing the poor animals to death. One is complicit, the other has his hands bloody. Both disgusting, but both at different levels of responsibility, at least in the eyes of the law. Besides, Pacman hasn't been convicted of anything. Yet. If/when he does, I have no doubt that the season-long suspension will turn into something much longer.

However, I will say that Bellichick's fine was a total lame-o copout. Half a million dollars is chump change. It was a slap on the wrist. He should have been suspended for several games.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 9:50 pm

How much does Bellichick make? $5 million a year or something? I have no idea. Would you like a 10% pay cut? That hurts man! I don't care who you are!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mike Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Vick   Mike Vick - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Vick
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2