Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show

Go down 
+5
meathorse
whodeygal
STUN.Ryan
Max
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show   August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:45 am

The superbowl teams were in the worst divisions.

What does that say about their overall awesomeness?
Justified or not, I think it hurts. You can come out on top of a shit division, go on a 2 game winning streak and make the SuperBowl. If you can win 10 games you're good, even if you're in a shit division. But with that shit division, you can make the Superbowl without being great.

I'm not implying anything... that would be unfair Very Happy
But it's the truth!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show   August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:08 am

While I may somewhat agree with that meathorse, the Colts more than took care of business outside of their division too with wins over Denver, New England, Philly, and Cincy. I'd say they proved their worth no matter the division they were in.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show   August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:09 am

It's also just the state of the league right now meathorse.

A few years ago the NFC Central was regarded as the thoughest in football because they would have two or three teams in the playoffs just about every year in the 90's where two or more teams from the division made the playoffs.

Hell in 1994, out of the five teams that were in the old NFC Central (CHI, MIN, GB, DET, TB) Tampa was the only team in the division not to make the playoffs. And it happen quite few times throughout the 90's.

The NFC North is just in a down cycle right now, it'll get back to where is was someday.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show   August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:55 am

That be truth, Ryan. Plus they didn't exactly have it easy in the playoffs.

I'm not sure Larry and I are on the same page, but you can't say the same of the Bears anyway :)

I take it back! I'm giving the impression that I don't think the Bears deserved 13-3 and the bye... and that's not true. Talked myself into a corner though, so gotta cut and run Razz
Back to top Go down
dolphinsmakemecry

dolphinsmakemecry

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show   August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:11 pm

I miss beating up the Colts in the AFC East
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show   August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August 4th, Episode 4.009 - AFC South Preview Show
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2