Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Episode Seventeen: Available Now

Go down 
+3
meathorse
whodeygal
Underground Dyer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:31 am

Quote :
Did any of us feel comfortable acting the way we normally did when she wasn't around? No, and it took away from the fun in my opinion

I still made all of my jokes through out. Didn't bother me at all. However, I will say you and I usually do comment on different things in general. Again, I don;t think anyone is here to tell you how and why to think a certain way, just that there are alternative ways to think. And with that said...

Quote :
Being unwilling to admit that this part even exists in front of his lady is still a facade of sorts.

I tend to go more with that line of thinking.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:38 am

Quote :
Saying that Trish Stratus had a sweet ass in front of a woman just didn't sit well with me so I didn't do it.
Oh Honey, saying that should never sit well with anyone, as Trish Stratus has a rather flat rear extremity. She's all tits. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:41 am

I didn't gather that Larry was trying to hide anything. There's a difference between completely hiding something, and not directly exposing someone to it.

Larry? Are you a hider or a non-exposer?
Sure it's a trap, you already know what answer will reflect poorly Very Happy

Quote :
Did any of us feel comfortable acting the way we normally did when she wasn't around? No, and it took away from the fun in my opinion.
Once again Ryan reads my mind. I can't imagine she would slow anything down. I've been in and seen many situations like that, and what happened every time is the girl either became an Animal, or was forgotten completely.

I feel like I'm learning lots about Larry today :). Don't take that in a bad way, D.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:45 am

meathorse wrote:
Are you a hider or a non-exposer?
Isn't that six of one and half a dozen of the other? :)

Quote :
I've been in and seen many situations like that, and what happened every time is the girl either became an Animal, or was forgotten completely.
Yes, exactly. Being with a group of men is, at its heart, just like being with a group of women. The prevailing hormone sets the tone of the day. You either go with it, or step back and let it pass you by.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:47 am

Quote :
Yes, exactly. Being with a group of men is, at its heart, just like being with a group of women. The prevailing hormone sets the tone of the day. You either go with it, or step back and let it pass you by.

Another godo point. I hope men don't think women just sit around and drink tea all day eating crumpets when they get together. They'll have friends that are overly proper and they'll have friends that'll make any man look like a saint. Let's not get fooled on this end either. That's why i think its good to know all asap.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:59 am

Quote :
I hope men don't think women just sit around and drink tea all day eating crumpets when they get together.
Seriously, because that don't happen. Come on now, Whit; I know you've seen Sex and the City. That wasn't just totally made up for the sake of drama.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 1:44 am

Oh, and I almost forgot...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for devoting only 60 seconds to discussion of Barry Bonds.

cheers
Back to top Go down
BillsDuffMan

BillsDuffMan

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 am

BillsDuffMan says everyone but Larry has got it wrong. Women at sporting events SUCK! elephant
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 3:05 am

Whodeygal wishes that BillsDuffMan would refer to himself in the first person. Unless, of course, BillsDuffMan is secretly Bob Dole. Then it's okay.

Whodeygal would also love a thought-out reasoning for BillsDuffMan's opinion. He is perfectly entitled to it, but it would be great not to have it hit-and-run style.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:52 am

Quote :
I hope men don't think women just sit around and drink tea all day eating crumpets when they get together.
Oh no. Everyone knows it's milkshakes and bon-bons. That's why their asses are so fat. Am I right guys?
(guys said "yeah")

Quote :
Women at sporting events SUCK!
That reminds me of Lewis Black and blowjobs.

"If curling is an Olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. And oral sex should be an Olympic sport, because it's harder than curling and if you're any good at it you deserve a medal!"

Bills Duff = Buffalo's Ass?
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 8:38 pm

You people aren't listening to me.

You keep saying I act a certain way as a way of masking a behavior or hiding a part of myself from my significant other and that's not what it is about.

I act one way in front of my friends and another way in front of my woman because I am not comfortable acting that way in front of a woman. And truth be told the way I act is not all that different, it's the language I use more than anything else that changes. It's like I'm a librarian in front of the woman and a full blown jackass in front of my friends. It's not a night and day thing we're talking about here. It's more like switching on the language filter when there is a lady present.

And ask Simmons, he knows, I act the way I do sometimes just to be entertaining to the people around me. Take the NFC Championship game for instance this past season, Simmons and I watched that game with another friend of ours at Simmons' request. He wanted to be around me watching me watch the game, so I gave him what he wanted and we had a great time.....not to mention the Bears won the game. Our bartendar was an extremely attractive brunette who was a huge fan of my antics and actually impressed by them because they weren't alcohol induced (I don't drink for anyone who doesn't know). I am not opposed to acting "like a guy" when I am around a woman, I don't switch that person off when women are around, I just watch what I say out of respect to having one in my presence.

And here is the wonderful thing about being me, I don't give a shit what you people think. For those of you who have concluded that I am living a double life, you're all fucked in the head; I don't hide who I am from anybody, I was just taught to act a certain way in front of women and so I do. If women out there feel cheated because I act a certain way in front of my friends and differently in front of them, they are missing the point of why I do what I do and can be on their merry fucking way if it bothers them so much.

It's not a facade, it's not an act, it's not a double life.....it's me. Believe what you want, I sleep just fine at night because I know who I am and why I do what I do.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 pm

yikes affraid

We might need to insert that F-bomb filter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Okay, I don't think it's a matter of not listening so much as it's a matter of everyone seeing the same thing in different ways and having different opinions about it, as we are all wont to do.

It's not that I don't understand why you do what you do, it's more that I don't quite get the point of it. Not entirely anyway. I am normally not a particularly profane person. I am a writer with a rather sizable vocabulary, and was raised with the belief that people who curse all the time are people who lack better avenues of expressing themselves. I also prefer not to speak that way around children, mine or anyone else's. I want them to learn to use their words effectively, and not just fall back on crude language. But when I get angry about something, all of that tends to go out the window; I can cuss up a storm if you get me in the right mood.

That said, I can handle anyone else's foul mouth if I'm around them. I'm a big girl, and I can deal. I'm just not a fan of the idea that I my ears will bleed if you drop the F-bomb around me. I handled the first five minutes of "Four Weddings and a Funeral" and the Great Forgotten Tent Debacle of '05 (funny story; remind me to tell it sometime); I think I can handle some guys watching football.

Again, I understand, and can appreciate, the way things are on your end, and what you feel to be the respectful approach. Now I would just like for you to understand and appreciate that on my end, it's unnecessary, and almost condescending to be viewed in that way. I like to be treated like the lady that I am, despite my jokes to the contrary. I am a lady, but I am not delicate by any stretch of the imagination. In giving birth alone (three times, mind you, and once without medication), I have likely survived things that would make you pass completely out. Unless you are actively insulting me or other women with the things that you say (which, by the by, is still disrespectful of women, whether they're actually in the room or not), I'm not going to have a stroke, I promise.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:16 pm

From the this guy's point of view, I couldn't have expressed whodey's thought better. Let's keep in mind we all have our own opinions. Again, I think for whodey the bigger issue would be directing that language towards her. Then, the word gentleman is truly out the window.

Anyway, back to football...
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Larry D wrote:
He wanted to be around me watching me watch the game, so I gave him what he wanted and we had a great time......

LOL, he wanted to watch you watching? Did you charge him per hour?
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:28 pm

lol!
I suppose the World's Oldest Profession takes on many forms, eh?
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 am

Quote :
I don't give a shit what you people think.
Obviously.

Quote :
people who curse all the time are people who lack better avenues of expressing themselves
Awww... just when I thought I'd be one of the few people in this thread to avoid one of those tacit insults :)
Ryan's F-Bomb filter would destroy me. If it's getting near that bad just let me know. I'll Do a D and censor myself.

And as long as we're Larry Mining... why don't you drink?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:28 am

Quote :
Awww... just when I thought I'd be one of the few people in this thread to avoid one of those tacit insults
No way dude. Everybody must get stoned.

One of us! One of us! One of us!
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:34 am

Back to top Go down
BillsDuffMan

BillsDuffMan

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:35 am

You made BillsDuffMan laugh!
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:08 pm

That clip is going to give me nightmares.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
wasudante

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 9:31 pm

i dont think i'm going to touch this subject at all since its look to be a bit touchy at this point and i'll also steer clear of that video
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:23 am

Larry D wrote:
That clip is going to give me nightmares.
Man, you ain't kidding. Those twin albino pygmy looking things are creepy as hell.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:25 am

I've never clicked on a link of meathorse's in fear that I would be fired on the spot.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:35 am

It's work safe, it's just....freaky. Literally. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode Seventeen: Available Now   Episode Seventeen: Available Now - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode Seventeen: Available Now
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next