Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STUN Panel NFL Picks

Go down 
+5
bobwiley
meathorse
STUN.Ryan
whodeygal
Underground Dyer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2007-07-14

STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 pm

BBR-Greg wrote:
(AND... my Bills looked AWESOME today!) Very Happy

(Sorry Hyacinth...)
No, no....it's fine...

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 am

Pretty sure both me and Drake went 9-5 this week. He got the Browns right, I got the Packers right, from what I can tell. Otherwise we were the same.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 12:27 pm

Right you are Max. In fact, not only did you and Drake go 9-5, so did Who Dey and Simmons.

Remember how I said there would be movement in the standings? I lied....kinda. Simmons did one game better than me this week so we go from a tie for third, to Simmons owning third by himself.

Everyone else is where they were a week ago.

Halfway through the 2007 season and it's still relatively close. A lot can happen in eight weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:47 am

I made a spreadsheet so that I could keep better track of everyone's picks and keep them all in one place. And when I was finished I discovered that some of my math has not been very good. The race to be the top of the mountain is closer than we thought.

Check page one of this thread to see the revised standings. Nothing has changed as far as who is in what place in the standings, but almost everyone's records have changed.

There won't be anymore mistakes with the math from here on out because I'm leaving it in the hands of the Excel program to do my math for me. As good as I am with small numbers, I managed to make a few mistakes along the way.

Sorry for the mixup, everything should be kosher from here on out.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Thanks to Who Dey FINALLY getting her picks in (but we still love her anyway), Week Ten's picks page is up.

The Packers, Bills, Saints, Bears and Seahawks are all unanimous picks this week.

We also have a few "me against the world" picks this week. I like Jacksonville against the panel. Who Dey likes Atlanta over Carolina and Cleveland over Pittsburgh, Greg likes Philly over Washington and Arizona over Detroit. And Drake is the only Charger fan among us this week, he thinks they'll beat the Colts at home.

A lot of group picks this week, so I don't anticipate much movement in the standings, so my quest to reach the top will have to wait one more week. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:53 pm

I don't know, on a quick count, I differed on four games with Drake and Simmons (don't know Max's picks) ... and I am 4 and 3 games behind them respectively, so... I'm figuring to be in a 1st place tie at the end of this week! cheers

(Or, incredibly behind.) Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://buffalobillsreview.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Or we split which will most likely happen and we'll all be in about the same spot. I'm waiting for that undefeated week for one of us. It should have happened by now.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:32 am

Quote :
Or we split which will most likely happen and we'll all be in about the same spot.

Exactly, and that's why I said I don't anticipate much movement in the standings. We've all done a great job of splitting our disagreements this season.

Quote :

I'm waiting for that undefeated week for one of us. It should have happened by now.

My 13-1 week back in week four or five, which dug me out of last place, is the closest any of us has come to a perfect week. But there are eight weeks left so anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:51 am

No splitting! This is my week! How can you go wrong picking Arizona and Philadelphia?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Against The Panel   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:23 pm

I didn't have a great week (though winning that Colts/Chargers game would have made it feel a bit better...) but I am quite happy that my "gut" was 2-0 this weekend.

But it wasn't just me on my two me-vs-the-world picks. I'm sure Larry will give us the official wrap up after tomorrow night's game, but did anyone else notice that the long ranger (one vs the rest) was right in 5 of the 6 times that occurred?

I had ARI and PHI, Larry had JAX, Hyacinth had ATL (and almost got CLE!!) and Dave had SD (got a little lucky on that one, Dave!)

Anyway... thought that was kinda interesting. Looking forward to hearing how the standings sort out now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 1:09 pm

Week Ten results are up and there was a bit of movement in the standings...just not on top.

Drake and Max are still tied for first place with 89-55 recrods, but Greg's week best 9-5 record moved him up to 2nd place at 86-58. And although I went an absymal 6-8, it was one game better than Ryan's 5-9 which closed the one game gap between us. So we are now tied for 3rd place with 85-59 records.

Who Dey is still bringing up the rear, but now she has company. She did two games better than Promotions' 6-8 record, so they are now tied in last or 4th is you want to put a positive spin on it Very Happy with 82-62 records.

But like Greg said earlier, it was a good week to be a loner. Five instances of going against the entire panel went for the last man standing. I got Jacksonville right, Who Dey liked Atlanta, Greg scored twice with Philly and Arizona (well technically once, Max took Philly too) and Drake was the only one who forsaw (is that even a word?) a Charger victory. The only loner that fell short almost didn't. Who Dey liked Cleveland this week and she almost got that one right, it was a great game though.

The passing of Week Ten also means the passing of bye weeks. So from here on out we will have a full slate of 16 games. That means we'll all have a few more opportunities to look like "experts" each week.

Should make things a bit more interesting as we move along.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:13 pm

Damn it, Drake, you crazy Buffaloian.

That's not a word, is it.

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 12:44 pm

Week Eleven picks are up for all to see.

Unanimous picks for the week are: Cleveland, Dallas, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and Denver.

Lone Wolf picks this week go to: Dave Drake who like New Orleans over Houston, Who Dey likes San Diego over Jacksonville (you'd think there'd be more than one after beating Indy) and Greg likes Miami over Philly and Buffalo over New England (mmmm, this Bills kool-aid is delicious!!).

Greg was able to ride his Lone Wolf picks last week to shoot himself into second place, will be able to use this week's picks to close the gap between him and co-leaders Drake and Max?

We'll find out this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 8:27 pm

Shocked

Uh, Greg? The Dolphins are starting John Beck this week. Their second-round draft pick. Are you sure you want to do this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:13 pm

Quote :
(mmmm, this Bills kool-aid is delicious!!)
Very Happy

Everyone went with Denver? Good luck with that! I didn't pick 'em :)
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:32 pm

Yeah, it's just a feeling. My gut is most often right, so I went with it. Actually John Beck and Trent Edwards were the two "sleeper" QBs of the draft and so far we here in Buffalo really like what we see in Edwards! Who knows, Miami might turn their season around! :-) I mean come on... Ricky is back! Wink
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:53 am

Well, the Fins scored first... but then Beck did look like a rookie I guess (based on his numbers). For a while, I thought my gut would come through again! :-) It was close, but not close enough. Missed that one!

I'll just add on to this here...

I had a pretty awful week with my picks (yes, I know... I picked two big upsets, but I lost more than just those!) and then on top of the bad picks... my poor, poor Bills. Seriously. That was the most amazing, scary, unreal, strange thing I have ever seen. Can't even really call it a game. 7 possessions, 7 TDs for Brady. And the D gave them another ... for good measure.

Scary. 19-0 is a foregone conclusion. (Sorry, Ryan.)
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:15 pm

Week Eleven results are up. There has been some minor shuffling in the standings this week, but nothing drastic.

My week's best 14-2 was good enough to catapult me over Greg Campbell and put a game between me and Simmons breaking our tie for at 99-61.

Speaking of Greg Campbell, turns out his gut let him down this week to the tune of a 9-7 record. Which would be a good week....if everyone else hadn't won at least 13 games this week. So he falls from 2nd to 5th place and has some work to do to get back to where he was.

But Dave Drake is still the king of the mountain and even more so now because he is once again, alone on top. Drake went 13-3 (as did Simmons and Promotions this week) and that was two games better than Max's 11-5. So Drake is now alone atop the standings with a two game cushion.

Who Dey Gal is still bringing up the rear. Who Dey went 9-7 which is actually a bad thing this week and will have to make up four games to get out of the cellar.

Thanksgiving games are this week so I need everybody's picks by Wednesday instead of Thursday.....except for you Greg, I got yours already.

I know you're all shocked. lol!
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:00 am

So, there's not usually a lot of discussion of picks ahead of time, but some interesting stuff this week...

First, has anyone noticed the 23 point spread in the New England/Philly game??? TWENTY-THREE. Nice. Still takin' the Pats, AND the points.

Some other tough games this week:

• Green Bay @ Detroit: Obvious choice is GB, except Det does well at home on T-day.
  • Mediocre Team Matchups: Den/Chi, Buf/Jax, Ten/Cin, Min/NYG, Hou/Cle, Was/TB... really... any of those could go either way. Tough picks.
  • Dallas, Pittsburgh, and New England are all favored by more than 2 TDS. NE by more than 3. :-) Would be very tough picks if we were paying attention to the point spread...

Anyway... an interesting week. Bring on the Thanksgiving Day football!!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:35 am

we are...in a different thread. It's pretty good stuff. Brian Im is rockin' it right now.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:45 am

STUN.Ryan wrote:
we are...in a different thread. It's pretty good stuff. Brian Im is rockin' it right now.

Sweet! Link?
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:26 pm

Week Twelve picks are up.

Max will be sitting in for Who Dey on the panel this week, she hasn't gotten her picks in to me, probably busy with the holiday. But they will count towards her total when she does.

Anyway, not a lot of originality going on this week. We have nine, count 'em, NINE unanimous picks this week. We all like: Green Bay, Dallas, Indy(the Thanksgiving games), Jacksonville, Kansas City, Arizona, San Diego, New England and Pittsburgh.

We do have a few "Lone Wolf" picks this week. Greg likes Minnesota over the Giants, and I'm out on my own for two games. I like Chicago over Denver (a glutton for punishment, I know) and I am very surprised to say that I am the only one who thinks the Texans can beat Cleveland.

Hoping for a good week so I can further close the gap between myself and our Picks leader Dave Drake. If I win all three of our disagreements I will have caught up.

I'M COMIN' FOR YA DRAKE!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Good luck this week.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:09 pm

Underground Dyer wrote:
I'M COMIN' FOR YA DRAKE!!

You've gotta get past me, first. Laughing Which I'm sure you will, but hey I've got 100 correct already woo hoo!
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Just for the hell of it I have updated the picks page to show the results of the Thanksgiving games where we were all in agreement with our picks are all a perfect 3-0!

We had NINE unanimous picks this week, hopefully this is a good sign.

3 up, six to go.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:30 pm

A couple comments about this week's games...

1) Glad to see Philly give NE a game... but, conversely quite sad at what that might seem to say about my Bills Sad

2) I got my one "Lone Wolf" pick right! Surprised no one else took Min, actually...

3) Four of the five games I got wrong today started well for me. The team I chose either led early or for most of the game. St. Louis, KC, Arizona, and Denver all could have (should have?) won their games... but didn't.

Man. 14-1 would be a lot cooler than 10-5. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STUN Panel NFL Picks
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next