Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Sports Drinks

Go down 
+7
W_Z
meathorse
whodeygal
rockhoppers
simon
Spaulding
STUN.Ryan
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Favorite Sports Drinks Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:48 pm

No, I'm not talking about Gatorade or anything like that.

What alcoholic drinks do you drink, if any, for the big games?

If I decide to drink, my early game drink (especially for those 11am college games) is the Bloody Mary. I love V8, tomato juice and anything with a spicey kick so this is a natural pick.

As far as later games beer is the obvious choice. I don't like to drink that much so a couple of beers is just fine by me. If that's the case then I'll stay away from light beer. I enjoy Budweiser.
Back to top Go down
Spaulding

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:47 am

Champagne
Champagne and Chambord
Rum & Coke
Back to top Go down
simon

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:16 pm

Beer until I can't stomach it any more then pretty much anything, if I can't find something which really takes my fancy, I'll take a few large Vodka & Red Bulls or aa few large, neat JD's.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:40 pm

I enjoy beer with the game, I do tend to drink proper beer Very Happy but come football season I get in a few bottles of Coors and some peanuts.

Unless the Patriots are playing I usually miss the first half the the early games as we tend to have Sunday dinner around about kickoff (I love sky + (tivo)) so I guess my pre-match drink is a glass of wine if that isn't too strange Surprised
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:44 pm

On those occasions that I choose to drink during games, I will drink something along the lines of Bass, or Kirin Ichiban (Japanese beer). Much like my love of big words, I like imported beer. It costs more, but it tastes better, and it's also a lot stronger, so I generally have to drink less to achieve the desired result.

Sometimes, I'll drink Mike's, the hard lemonade, or the lime.

But usually, I just have soda. I'm generally not much for alcohol before 5. It has to be a special occasion. Or mimosas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:16 am

Quote :
I'm generally not much for alcohol before 5. It has to be a special occasion. Or mimosas.
I was in the Albuquerque airport at 10am on Saturday. There were two old ladies at the table next to us. One was eating a pancake breakfast with a glass of orange juice. The other was having some tacos and a big ass margarita.

I love airports. It's 5 o'clock everywhere.

Unfortunately popular social drinks turn my stomach. All I can drink without hurling is hard liquors, and it makes me look like an alcoholic. Captains on the rocks for all occasions!
Back to top Go down
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:00 am

whodeygal wrote:
On those occasions that I choose to drink during games, I will drink something along the lines of Bass, or Kirin Ichiban (Japanese beer). Much like my love of big words, I like imported beer. It costs more, but it tastes better, and it's also a lot stronger, so I generally have to drink less to achieve the desired result.

Sometimes, I'll drink Mike's, the hard lemonade, or the lime.

But usually, I just have soda. I'm generally not much for alcohol before 5. It has to be a special occasion. Or mimosas.

Kirin Ichiban is good, I'm also a fan of Sapporo. It's a standard whenever I visit a Japanese steakhouse.

Imported beers are a favorite of mine, including Samuel Smith, Kwak, and Harp.

My favorite beer is Sierra Nevada...always makes me think of football cos I usually buy it in the winter--especially their Bigfoot Brandywine style ale. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:23 am

I always have a Kirin Ichiban when I go for sushi. It's fabulous sushi beer.

I'm just glad someone else around here knows what Kirin Ichiban is. Most people I know don't really delve into imported beers unless I make them. They like to make with the Miller and Bud Lite. Blech. I'm a beer snob, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

I will drink Harp when I go to a place with no Bass. I will not, however, drink Guiness. Horribly sour stuff. No thank you.

Have you ever had Tsingtao? Chinese; quite good. One might not think of Asia as beer country, but they do pretty well for themselves, believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:43 am

I'm also a fan of both Kirin Ichiban and Sapporo. Especially Sapporo for a good sake bomb.
Back to top Go down
W_Z

W_Z

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:11 am

whodeygal wrote:

Have you ever had Tsingtao? Chinese; quite good. One might not think of Asia as beer country, but they do pretty well for themselves, believe it or not.

Absolutely. Most people just think of Irish, German, Belgian, and English beers for imports, but there are some great beers from Asia. I think I had Tsingtao at BD's Mongolian grill, and liked it.

The Polish put out some good brew too.

My favorite import right now is Grolsch, it was on sale for a while for 7.49 at Dominick's (not the big bottles, just the regulars).
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:26 am

I picked up Tsingtao at Party Source on a humble one night. I think I was looking for Kirin (which makes excellent beer metts, by the way) and they were all sold out. I thought the Tsingtao looked interesting, so I picked up a six pack. I was quite pleased with it. It was only $8, a leap of faith I could afford. We like to cook, so if it didn't work out for drinking, it could always become a beer batter or something.

Polish beer? I never would have thought to try it, but I will.

I had this really fabulous Scottish beer at a bar that we went to for a Christmas party. I cannot for the life of me remember the name. It was delicious and thick and dark, and the taste had this smooth kick of chocolate right at the end. That stuff was amazing. Ring any bells by any chance?
Back to top Go down
W_Z

W_Z

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:59 am

the only one that comes to mind is robert the bruce because i think there is a chocolatey after taste, but that's a gimmick beer like monty python's black knight ale...so I'm not sure if that's it.

sounds good though.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:54 am

No, that's not it. But the joking nature of that name sort of reminds me of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It comes in a rather large bottle and isn't particularly tasty. (Think those "Bitter Beer Face" ads from the '90s.) It pretty much dares you to finish it once you've started. I only had a swig of someone else's. I'd imagine finishing the whole thing would be somewhat akin to giving your taste buds the finger.

Oh well; I suppose I'll simply have to go back to The Pub (no, that's the name of the place) and have it again so I can find out what it is.

Oh no, what a horrible, horrible thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:11 am

Rum and coke...but usually only on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years....and on days that end with "y".

But mostly just water. I know. Boring.

And V8 is good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:36 am

I never expected you to like V8. You were a picky eater as a child if I remember correctly. Almost everyone I know hates V8. I love the stuff.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 am

I do too. I hated it as a kid. But I love it now. They make a spicy variety too. Tasty!
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:10 am

Best sports drink? Great minds... I like to start my sports day with a bloody mary, using some of that spicy V8, a little TJ, a little Grey Goose and other specialties to enhance the flava. This is then followed by numerous beers of European origin. I try to time my consumption so that the inevitable b double e r n a p occurs during one of those boring big ten taffy pulls for which the farmer conference is so famous. I find that a two hour beer nap during a big ten game enables me to miss very little action, yet I'm rested and ready for the real football in the SEC and Pac Ten that comes on later in the day and at night.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:11 am

Coast, I want to grow up to be you someday. That is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:38 am

Jim Beam, no ice

And yes I come off as an alcoholic at first, but I don't drink that much.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:44 am

That does sound quite lovely. I thought I was the only person who uses V8 for bloody marys. More flavor than a lame-o tomato juice. I sort of make mine like a very dirty vodka martini: V8, vodka (usually Skyy, because it's cheaper than Grey Goose, but still not bad). Garnish with two big damn green olives and pour a tiny bit of the olive juice into the mix. Queen olives from the bottom of a mix of vodka and V8 are tasty. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:50 am

My wife uses clamato juice for bloody mary's and then adds salt, pepper and tobasco sauce
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:31 am

clamato works well too.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:32 am

This sounds probably completely gross but I have this new mix that doesn't use clam juice, but uses crab and lobster in it. Whoever doesn't like bloody mary's just got sicker. pale
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:55 am

Actually, that sounds pretty good. Better than clamato juice.

Definitely not a fan of the clamato.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:10 am

whodey, this mix I got is fantastic. I'll need to get the name of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Sports Drinks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next