Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Sports Drinks

Go down 
+7
W_Z
meathorse
whodeygal
rockhoppers
simon
Spaulding
STUN.Ryan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigd77

bigd77

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:13 am

shots of any hard liquor and a long Island ice tea , kamikaze shots 151 rum...i drink this when i watch Grossman play. drunken
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:26 am

Alright... I feel like I'm missing out on something.

How do you make a bloody mary? I've got an assortment of ingredients here but no direction. School me people, I'm a bloody virgin!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:24 am

Ask and ye shall receive:

Basically, a Bloody Mary is Vodka and tomato juice, with other spices to taste. According to the international bartending association (I know, weird, right?), it is six parts tomato juice, 3 parts vodka, 1 part lemon juice. Put it in a highball with Worchestershire, salt and pepper, and tabasco, stir and garnish.

As always, there are about a half million variations.

Wikipedia disambiguation.

Seems us V8 folks are having what is known as a Bloody Eight or Eight Ball, and the clamato lovers among us are Bloody Caesar people. Always interesting, the names people come up for this stuff, isn't it?

I am intrigued by the Bloody Geisha (naturally). I'm going to have to try one, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:54 am

Quote :
six parts tomato juice, 3 parts vodka, 1 part lemon juice. Put it in a highball with Worchestershire, salt and pepper, and tabasco, stir and garnish.
Yow. That sounds like a lot of lemon juice.
Well... I got all that except the tabasco. We gonna have a fun Tuesday night tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:54 pm

There are several ways to give your Bloody a little more kick, but the key is to find that right combo that works for you. The perfect Bloody mary is what appeals to your taste. As you experiment with variations on the basic tomato juice and vodka base, there are several things you can try: a little spicy v8, a dash of worcestershire, tabasco, ground celery seed, fresh cracked pepper, a pinch of salt, onion powder, garlic powder or some olives and/or olive juice. I don't put lemon juice in mine, though sometimes I'll garnish it with a lemon wedge. Or a celery stick. All of those ingredients can give just the little bit extra your taste buds might love. Or not. Try a little of something to see if it works for you. Then try something else. Eventually by trial and error you'll arrive at the right concoction that works for you. I'm not suggesting that you dump all those things in, but one or a few of those could add a little something. If you like tomato juice, it's all good. I don't put mine in short high ball glasses though. I serve mine in tall glasses. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've never used lemon juice in a Bloody Mary. Like ever. Never felt right. As always, feel free to alter the recipe to suit your tastes.

Have fun with that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:13 am

V8 + Skyy + touch lemon, worcestershire, salt and pepper = BLECH!
Not even close. How sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 pm

bloody mary's are awful, just the smell of them makes you want to throw up.

If you want a good drink, just mix vodka and gatorade, gatorade rehydrates your body and brings along vodka for the ride. It does not take too long before it hits you though, that was a popular one in college, or you can just make a cooler full of PJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Drinks   Favorite Sports Drinks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Sports Drinks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2