Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STUN Panel NFL Picks

Go down 
+5
bobwiley
meathorse
STUN.Ryan
whodeygal
Underground Dyer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:11 am

You cleaning up Max? I know my team is awful. I better go check it out and see if I can clean it up a bit. Do I have a win yet? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:24 am

Week Six picks are up. Looks to be a lot of agreements among the members of the panel this week so don't look for there to be much movement in the standings this week.

It would appear that Who Dey is the only brave one among us because she is the only one who is picking Dallas to be New England this weekend.

And raise your hand if any of you thought there would come a day where the Arizona Cardinals would be a UNANIMOUS choice to beat the Carolina Panthers. I was very surprised to see that.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:45 am

I'm changing my Jets pick to the Eagles. Please make a note of it.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:53 am

Larry D wrote:
It would appear that Who Dey is the only brave one among us because she is the only one who is picking Dallas to be New England this weekend.
More heart pick than head pick, I'm afraid. I know full well New England is probably going to take this game.

But I hate them, and I want to see them lose. I'm willing to take the hit for my wishful thinking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 6:23 am

whodeygal wrote:
But I hate them, and I want to see them lose. I'm willing to take the hit for my wishful thinking. Laughing

And the credit if they somehow do lose? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 8:08 am

STUN.Ryan wrote:
I'm changing my Jets pick to the Eagles. Please make a note of it.

Done. It's been fixed on the board.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm

The picks panel has been updated to include Week Six's results.

A 7-6 record made Simmons' lead atop the standings disappear and he in now in a three way tie with BBR's Dave Drake and our favorite Aussie, Max.

Myself and Greg Campbell are tied for second with identical 52-37 records. Gotta give myself props because three weeks ago I was eight games out of first, now I am only four games out with plenty of time to reach the top Very Happy

Who Dey was the only one with a below .500 record this week and it cost her big time because she now sits at the bottom of the standings and is the only member of the panel not to reach 50 wins on the season.

Week Seven should be an interesting one, lots of toss-up match-ups, should be fun to see how it shakes out!
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:51 am

First place, baby, woo!
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 am

Way to go Max! Show these experts how the common folk do it.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:56 am

Please do not refer to me as an expert...if you were!
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:01 am

I'm an expert. Cool

:)
Back to top Go down
http://buffalobillsreview.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:33 pm

Week Seven picks are up and it would appear that Greg and I are still drinking the homer kool-aid. We are the only ones picking our teams to win their respective games this week.

And everyone seems to think that the Bengals are going to get off of the slide except Dave Drake and....Who....Dey? WHAAAA? Am I seeing this right? Who Dey thinks that the Jets will beat her squad AT HOME?

What's the dilly Isa?

Lots of 5 to 1 picks this week where one member of the panel is picking against the entire panel for a particular game. And Greg is guilty of it the most. He likes Buffalo, San Francisco and Denver. I'm alone in thinking the Bears will beat Philly, Who Dey likes the Cardinals over Washington, Promotions is the only Raider fan among us and Dave likes Tennessee over Houston.

Interested to see how this will effect the standings come Tuesday morning.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:49 pm

Nice! Looks like I'm gonna be making up some ground this week!! Very Happy

Bills are a lock at home. Ravens are completely overrated. Look at who they beat and how they beat them. Not very convincing. Bills are hungry, they're due.. and if the coaches don't mess it up... they'll win easily.

The SF and Den picks are just showing my super lack of confidence in the Giants and Steelers. Both of those teams are Jekyl and Hyde teams, and I think this week we're going to see their bad side. Denver is (almost) always good at home. And, SF is just a hunch. Wink

I wanted to side with Drake on Ten over Hou also, but... not sure about Young. Ten is much less of a team without Vince Young.

I expect to be in first place at the end of this weekend! Laughing
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:36 pm

Hmm... I really thinking about making a wings bet with you on Sunday's game Greg.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:42 pm

haha Very Happy

I'm really thinking about making wings for Sunday's game... now THAT's tailgating food!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:48 am

Larry D wrote:
And everyone seems to think that the Bengals are going to get off of the slide except Dave Drake and....Who....Dey? WHAAAA? Am I seeing this right? Who Dey thinks that the Jets will beat her squad AT HOME?

What's the dilly Isa?
I'm incredibly disillusioned, Whit. Incredibly. I'm sort of hoping for a reverse psychology kind of thing. Maybe if they think I've bailed on them, they'll kick some ass to earn my love back. Because, you know, I'm so important to the team's morale and all. Wink

That, and I'm sick to death of getting burned by them. It could still happen on Sunday, I'd rather get burned this way than the other. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:41 am

WOweeShaZAM! Sometimes... it goes the way you hoped it would... :-)

Week's not over... but with all of us picking Indy, the standings have been decided. (I think? Never was too good at that math...)

First, my Bills won. That's nice. I was telling everyone this was a lock, and through three quarters, it looked like it. My Bills like to make it close for the networks... keeps people watching.

Second, including that pick, 2 of my 3 go-against-everyone-else picks were correct! (Buffalo and Denver. SF forgot to show up...)

Crazy. Sometimes, it goes the way you hoped it would.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:19 pm

Hooray for reverse psychology!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:04 pm

Week Seven picks results are up. And after going 2-1 against the panel, Greg Campbell is this week's winner with an 11-3 record. Unfortunately it's only good enough to get him in third place by himself with a 63-40 record.

I was a winner in my "me against the world" pick being the only who took the Bears to win in Philly, but I'm still only in 4th place with a 62-41.

Dave Drake reclaims sole possession of first place after finishing 10-4 this week. He is one game better than both Simmons and Max who both went 9-5 this week giving them identical 65-38 records.

Promotions and Who Dey are bringing up the rear with 58-45 and 56-47 records respectively, but there is plenty of time to make up the ground.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:23 pm

Gotta give Dave some props, too. He correctly picked Tennessee when everyone else had Houston (me included, though I CHANGED MY PICK after originally picking Tennessee!!!)

So four out of the five one-versus-all picks were correct. Interesting.

This week I took nearly every team with two words in their name. (Green Bay, San Diego, New England, New York Giants, New Orleans, etc) Only exceptions were San Fransisco (they're playing another two-word team) and the New York Jets because, well... they're just not going to win. :-)

Go Bills!
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Underground Dyer wrote:
Simmons and Max who both went 9-5 this week giving them identical 65-38 records.

Who is Max? Where are his picks? He's not on the weekly picks pic is he? I'm confused... :)
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:07 am

Max is not a member of the panel. He's the only one out side of the panel that sends his picks in every week. When the season started we had a handfull of people outside of the panel doing their picks with us. A couple didn't send picks in after week one and the others fell off slowly. He picks don't appear on the picks page, but he sends in his picks and I keep track of his progress.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:09 am

Sweet. So it's us vs. Max! He's doing quite well!
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:24 pm

BBR-Greg wrote:
Underground Dyer wrote:
BBR-Greg wrote:
Underground Dyer wrote:
Simmons and Max who both went 9-5 this week giving them identical 65-38 records.

Who is Max? Where are his picks? He's not on the weekly picks pic is he? I'm confused... :)
Max is not a member of the panel. He's the only one out side of the panel that sends his picks in every week. When the season started we had a handfull of people outside of the panel doing their picks with us. A couple didn't send picks in after week one and the others fell off slowly. He picks don't appear on the picks page, but he sends in his picks and I keep track of his progress.
Sweet. So it's us vs. Max! He's doing quite well!

Indeed I am. Thanks. (Haha, some of you are losing to an Australian.)

Come on Simmons, we can catch that damn Drake!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 12:00 am

I don't know. Drake has a heart of pure cold, yes cold. He is able to completely remove himself of any personal feelings towards the teams and evaluate the games more unbiased than anyone in the history of the world. I try to do that, but there's always a couple games that I can't help myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STUN Panel NFL Picks
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next