Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cubs Get Swept

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Cubs Get Swept Empty
PostSubject: Cubs Get Swept   Cubs Get Swept Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:24 am

After the Game 1 loss, I was surprisingly fine. The Cubs had their chances, but lost to Brandon Webb. Game 2 I got pissed. Ted Lilly disappointed when we had relied on him so many times all year to get a win after a loss. He lost his cool after two innings with a 3-2 score. And it looked like the Cubs had accepted defeat. Tonight's loss was just bad. You could see it in their eyes that they had already decided the series was over. Mark DeRosa and Ryan Theriot continue to climb up the ladder of my favorite Cubs. Aramis Ramirez couldn't have disappointed me any more than he did. Hittong over .300 this year, he ended up looking like a struggling .259 hitting Sammy Sosa. It just plain sucked to watch. I'm so pissed about how they lost this series I really have no inclination at the moment to watch the rest of the playoffs. This one more pisses me off than hurts right now. Gettin swept just sucks.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Cubs Get Swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cubs Get Swept   Cubs Get Swept Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 7:21 pm

Yeah, getting swept sucks...I refused to watch ESPN for like a week after one certain World Series sweep.

Theriot and DeRosa are great. They could be on my team anytime. DeRosa seemed to have some fight in him with that last at-bat the way he was fouling off like 10 pitches. But the Cubs didn't really play like they did the last month of the season, obviously.

At the same time though, Arizona deserves credit. They got the pitching and timely hitting. Arizona-Colorado will be a fun NLCS. They both have a bunch of guys that play hard. I think this series will be a new foundation for a better rivalry in the future also.

The Cubs seemed to turn the corner with Piniella at the helm as far as having more of a winning attitude in Chicago. I have no doubt in my mind they'll be tough next season, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Andruw Jones in a Cubs uniform...
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com

Cubs Get Swept
Page 1 of 1