Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans Empty
PostSubject: Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans   Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:46 am

From Hall of Fame broadcaster of the Reds, Marty Brennaman:
"This is the kind of thing, quite honestly, right now, that makes you want to see the Chicago Cubs team lose. Among all baseball fans, and I can't attest to the Yankees or Red Sox, because we don't see them with any degree of regularity unless it's inter-league play, but far and away the most obnoxious fans in baseball, in this league, are those who follow this team right here. Throwing 15 or 18 balls onto the field, there's absolutely no excuse for that, and that is so typical of Chicago Cubs fans. It's unbelievable.
You simply root against 'em. Ya'know, I've said all winter they talked about this team winning the division, and my comment is they wont win it, because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up."
A day later....
"If they can't understand what happened Wednesday night was completely over the top, then I'm sorry," Brennaman said. "I said how tough it is to root for the Cubs. I think a lot of people feel the same way I do, but they won't articulate it. I'm not afraid to say what I think. [Compared to Cubs fans] Cardinals fans are hands down the best in baseball. They respect the game. They don't go to the game to do stupid stuff.
The Cubs have some great baseball fans. But the ones who act like idiots (ruin) it for people like me."

Now, I know every fan base has their obnoxious things and it's hard to say which fan base is the greatest because by what formula do you go by? But the Cardinals fans get called the best in the game by people who aren't even associated with them and it's happened numerous times...Cubs fans get their comments, too but since 2003, Cubs fans have been out of control. Wrigley has turned into the biggest sports bar on Earth. I think Brennaman's comments will serve as bulletin board material for the Cubs on them winning the division but Wrigley sounds like Boston, Philly or New York now every time any little thing goes wrong, fans were throwing stuff on the field last year against the Cardinals after a call against them and there's too much of a circus going on with the goat, cat, curse or whatever the heck else they want to blame for their own losses.

Harry Caray wouldn't like this.

Now I have a bunch of Cub fans mad at me. I'm not saying they're all like that, I know some who aren't. But there's too many idiots. I would say it's a Chicago thing, but you just don't see that as much from the White Sox fans.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans   Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:35 am

I have a rebuttal on this and a concession as well. Must find time for it...
Back to top Go down

Marty Brennaman rips Cubs fans; Praises Cardinals fans
Page 1 of 1