Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

College Hoops Power Ratings

Go down 
+2
STUN.Ryan
Coast2Coast
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

College Hoops Power Ratings Empty
PostSubject: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 5:52 am

College hoops starts next week with two games on Monday, 4 each on Tuesday through Thursday, and 46 games next Friday night.

Here are my preseason college hoops power ratings. These are the power ratings on a neutral court. To compute a point spread, add 3-6 points for the home team (depending on the value of the home court for the particular team). I update these regularly. If anyone is interested in seeing these regularly (weekly), let me know.

College Hoops Power Ratings Collho10
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 10:09 pm

This is all put together by you? You are amazing Coast. Can you adopt me as a nephew or something? We have to be related somehow.
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:42 am

Poor Radford.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:09 am

College hoops is my bread and butter, Ryan. Has been for 25 years. It's my second job. Laughing

I don't start from scratch every year. I have my year-end ratings from last year and went through each team and adjusted their PR downward based on what they lost. I will update these continuously throughout the season. You can just check them at any time and they should be pretty current.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f23/11/55/81/83/collho10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Chus

Chus

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:42 am

Thanks Coast, always appreciate the knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Nas

Nas

Male Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 11:02 am

Missouri will be better this year. They had a young team last year and lost a lot of close games.
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 12:41 am

Coast, did you ever take a look at the forums on predictem.com that I told you about in another life? It is basically guys on a forum giving out info and thoughts for free. They have people who specialize on smaller conference plays in college hoops that are usually pretty good. It's worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 5:11 am

Thanks for that, GD. I appreciate the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 5:59 am

Coast2Coast wrote:
Thanks for that, GD. I appreciate the reminder.

Wow.... I am a complete moron.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:21 am

why?
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:27 am

Bad Mahi Mahi. 2 + 2
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:32 pm

Your official Keeping Score detective badge will be mailed to you. Congratulations recruit!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:28 am

I had to ask him to so welcome to the club
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:57 am

Nas wrote:
Missouri will be better this year. They had a young team last year and lost a lot of close games.

Yes they will be. But I don't think they have the talent to surpass the two Kansas schools in the Big 12 North. I have them 3rd in the North right now. Mike Anderson's frenzied style often leads to teams playing very, very sloppy in November and December. So I won't be surprised if they get off to a slow start, though they did start 9-0 last year before facing the reality of the Big 12. Anderson got the Mizzou job based on how his UAB teams played in March. I expect Mizzou to be on the cusp of an NCAA tourney bid. Typically, by my rating system, a 75 is a borderline NCAA at large kind of team. I have them rated right there now and they should be a few points higher by March.

The other thing is that not just are the returning guys a year older, but they are stronger this year because of transfer Demarre Carroll (Anderson's nephew), who averaged 12 ppg, 7 reb and led Vandy in steals two years ago. He gives Mizzou a very athletic wing to go with their guards and should fit great in Anderson's system.

I have a special place in my heart for the Tigers, Nas. I spent my freshman year in Columbia. I'll be rooting for them too.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:36 pm

College Hoops Power Ratings 1111cb12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Hoops Power Ratings   College Hoops Power Ratings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Hoops Power Ratings
Page 1 of 1