Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Episode 16: Available Now!!

Go down 
+3
rockhoppers
jdburlin1022
Underground Dyer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:00 am

If I had cable, I would watch that roast. Not because I like Flava Flav or anything - I find the man reprehensible - but because I'm curious as to how one would actually roast a man who is just one walking joke. I mean, is there anything left to make jokes about? And who do you get to do that? I seriously doubt I'm gonna tune in and see Phyllis Diller and Rich Hall telling giant clock jokes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:57 am

KISS-OPOLY? Are you kidding me?

Why does Gene Simmons have to put his name on everything.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:36 am

Because they pay him.

I remember watching something on E! a few years back, and they were interviewing him about all the merchandising, and he was pretty straightforward. He said I'm about the money, I love money, and if you don't want your money, give it to me. Pretty hard to not be clear on his motivation there.

So, money.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 4:15 am

Wow, I didn't think there was such an obvious answer to the question. At least Gene Simmons is real, and tells it like it is. Some how, the idea of KISSOPOLY isn't so ludicrous to me anymore.

Thanks WhoDey! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 5:06 am

FOOLS RUSH IN! AH-HA!
Yes... ah-HA!
I got it. I got it now, thank you.
And don't you worry, your secret is safe with me. I won't tell anybody.

Well that was fun, I feel so special! Thanks Larry! elephant
The give a hobo a quarter one was my favorite as well, it's a shame you didn't answer it Very Happy My country-girl wife is very pleased to hear you included Lane Frost of 8 Seconds fame.

Quote :
KISS-OPOLY? Are you kidding me?
I had the same reaction, though it shouldn't have been a surprise. Old buddy of mine was a big Kiss item collector... they make some truly ridiculous shit. The centerpiece of his collection was a Kiss pinball game. All gone now, though. He ended up selling everything to fund his skydiving addiction.

Quote :
He said I'm about the money, I love money, and if you don't want your money, give it to me.
That is truly funny. I want to give him $20 just for being honest.

Quote :
giant clock jokes.
Have you seen these Roasts? You're one letter off.
Although it really doesn't matter who's getting roasted. Last one I saw I don't even remember who the roastee was cause everyone just kept making fun of Courtney Love's dumb ass. (She was sitting on stage nearby)

For animal intrusions, I thought for sure the Indy 500 roadkill rabbit would be there. Finding all kinds of info, but no picture. Rick Mears smashed a Bunny during the Indy 500 in 1988. I remember seeing a great still shot of it. Can't find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:47 am

I was hoping that Randy Johnson and the Incredible Exploding Dove would be higher than it was. The footage from that will never stop being funny. Didn't he get fined for killing it?

KISS-opoly isn't surprising to me at all. It was only a matter of time. I mean, there's Cincinnati-opoly, and an -opoly for every major university in the area. There's Star Wars-opoly, and pretty much any other one you can think of. Frankly, it was about damn time.
Quote :
He ended up selling everything to fund his skydiving addiction.
Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Even with how big a KISS fan I am, I am not a big KISS collector. I was one of the first in line when McFarlane Toys (people who did Spawn) made the band members into action figures because those things were awesome. Still have them in their boxes too, having them buried with me lol!

Even with the things I have bought over the years besides the CDs, DVDs and some of their books, my collection is pretty tame compared to the amount of money some people waste/invest on their collections.

It is hard to exhibit that self control sometimes because a lot of the stuff they put out is so cool. If you want to see what I mean just check out www.kissmuseum.com

From the practical to the insane, this place has it all.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:38 am

Holy ass.
http://kissmuseum.com/detail.aspx?ID=15

If I had that ball I'd start bowling again.
And I don't even like KISS.

Double Holy Ass!
Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Conds
Is this what you meant by "practical"?
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:47 am

No, that and the KISS Coffin (I shit you not) would fall under the "Insane" category. Practical would be books about the band, posters, stickers, the basics.

I read in an interview Gene Simmons did a few years ago when asked about the Condoms and the Coffin, he said something along the lines of: KISS is determined to be a brand for all occassions. How better to do that than to get you coming and going?"

My personal lord and savior ladies and gentlemen. lol!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:51 am

But wait; if they get you coming, they won't be able to get anyone going...
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:56 am

Quote :
But wait; if they get you coming, they won't be able to get anyone going...

If I used the alternate spelling for "coming" would that help bring out what he meant when he said that? Razz
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:59 am

No, I know what you meant. Which is my point entirely. If they catch everyone coming, there won't be anyone left to buy a coffin.

And you keep that tongue to yourself [in public], Mister. Wink
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:51 am

This is getting complicated!

Coffins obviously cost more, but with the condoms you get repeat business. So how many condoms would KISS have to sell in order to produce as much cash as the sale of one coffin? Only by figuring this out can they determine whether to sponsor making love or making war.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:41 am

Quote :
So how many condoms would KISS have to sell in order to produce as much cash as the sale of one coffin?

exactly 1657.32
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 16: Available Now!!   Episode 16: Available Now!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 16: Available Now!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2