Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Larry King wrote here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

If Larry King wrote here Empty
PostSubject: If Larry King wrote here   If Larry King wrote here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:08 pm

In case you haven't figured it out, baseball is #1 for me, it's still the best sport, it's still the most unpredictable, etc. so with all these races going on now, it's pretty much the most exciting time of the year in sports. Here are some of my thoughts on the season so far, ala Larry King-style (random thoughts written in no order).

The NEW YORK YANKEES are only FOUR games behind the Red Sox now. Who would have said a month ago that this would be possible? That race is gonna be great to watch. Wow, that was really mainstream of me. Sorry. Here's more:

The Indians and Tigers are having a nice close 1/2 game race and the Twins don't ever go away somehow...Mike Scoscia from the Angels is one of my new favorite managers with his old school NL-style of play and the type of player that org. seems to acquire is fun to watch, they're gonna have a good time with the Mariners for that division...speaking of the Mariners, they have a second coming of Ozzie Smith/Omar Vizquel at SS in Yunesky Betancourt, this guy has made some amazing plays, why isn't he more popular? He plays for the Mariners...sweet moses, if the Phillies had any sort of pitching...sweet moses, if the Padres had any sort of offense...wow, the Mets are boring and underachieving, they're probably the best team in the NL...Dmitri Young looks like that homeless character Tracy Morgan played on Saturday Night Live a couple years ago, even better, he's having a great year, Comeback Player of the Year...Rick Ankiel...new stadiums coming for the Twins, Nationals, Mets and maybe the A's and Marlins, I can't wait to get rid of those eyesores the've been playing in...I heard someone say recently that Jeff Kent is the greatest offensive second baseman of all-time, here's the problem with that: some guy named Hornsby batted over .400 consecutive years for the Cardinals way back when and he played second base, sure it was a different time, but he might be one of the most underrated players ever, no one else has done that in the National League since...Frank Thomas: YAWN...Get rid of the police-style armor for hitters (Bonds, Biggio, A-Rod)...PNC Park in Pittsburgh is the best looking stadium in the game (adding the scene behind the stadium into the mix), San Francisco is second, too bad about the teams that play there, for the record, San Diego is third...A-Rod is an a-hole (that was completely unprofessional)...The Arizona Diamondbacks are the most intriguing team in baseball and a dark horse for the World Series...Lou Piniella is a perfect match for the usually calm demeanored Derrek Lee and Alfonso Soriano-led Chicago Cubs...The last three World Champions are linked to the Cubs: the other team commonly referred to as "cursed" in the Red Sox, then the rival White Sox and Cardinals, it may be time for the Northsiders to get their championship...John Kruk is the best baseball analyst on TV...There is no better thing on the radio for a baseball game than when Vin Scully announces for the Dodgers still. He only does innings at a time and not many road trips, but he's the best out there right now. Listening to him is like reading a great book even if the score is 15-0...The worst radio team in baseball? In my opinion, it's the Yankees...Carlos Guillen of the Tigers is probably the most underrated player in the game...St. Louis and Boston are the only two cities where baseball is still unarguably bigger than anything else...middle relief pitching is still more important than home runs...Babe Ruth will always be the true Home Run King as Elvis will always be the King of Rock and Roll...Tim Raines deserves to be a Hall of Famer, if he played in New York, he'd be there already...So does Bert Blyleven...So does Ron Santo...And Jack Morris...Tim McCarver thinks you're a retarded ape ("If the Mets score more runs than the Phillies...PERHAPS, they'll win.")...everything in the game the past 20 years has been geared towards helping the hitter, that tide is turning...For a guy with a bunch of issues and drama, Reggie Jackson was kinda cool...

Wow, I went a little long. Maybe this will start some conversation/passionate responses.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: If Larry King wrote here   If Larry King wrote here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:17 pm

It will...after I get through it. Why aren't you writing for our blog again? Can we get you up and running with a baseball column?
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: If Larry King wrote here   If Larry King wrote here Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 3:20 am

I wasn't aware you wanted a baseball blog written but I can do that.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Larry King wrote here   If Larry King wrote here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Larry King wrote here
Page 1 of 1